Celebrating International Day of Yoga 2023 in CBSE Schools
CBSE Issues Guidelines for International Yoga Day Celebrations in Affiliated Schools.CBSE Schools to Celebrate International Yoga Day Following Recent Circular.
CBSE Latest Circular: The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has released a circular inviting all schools under its affiliation to celebrate the International Day of Yoga (IDY) on 21st June 2023.
Yoga: Unifying the World for Eight Years
The United Nations declared 21st June as the International Day of Yoga eight years ago. This worldwide event has played a pivotal role in spreading the significance of Yoga for health, well-being, and a sustainable lifestyle. This year, the theme of International Yoga Day is ‘Yoga for Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam’.
The domestic tagline, ‘Har Aangan Yog’, promotes the practice of Yoga in every household at the grassroots level.
The IDY (International Yoga Day) Handbook 2023
To facilitate the celebrations, the Ministry of Ayush, Government of India, has prepared ‘The IDY Handbook’. This comprehensive guide is available online and provides insightful content on how to engage in Yoga at home and in schools. Click Here to Download the IDY Handbook.
Suggested Activities for CBSE Schools
In line with the celebrations, CBSE schools are requested to organize several activities. Here are some suggestive activities to celebrate the International Day of Yoga 2023:
1. Organize Yoga Workshops and Seminars for students & teachers and encourage them to practice and adopt Yoga.
2. Mass Yoga demonstration may be arranged on the International Day of Yoga.
3. Quiz and Essay Writing Competitions on Yoga-theme may be organized to create interest among the students.
4. Encourage students and staff to participate in IDY competitions organized by the Ministry of Ayush on the MyGov platform (https://www.mygov.in/) such as the Jingle contest, PM Yoga awards (https://innovateindia.mygov. in/pm-yoga-awards/) etc.
5. Publish Yoga & IDY-specific articles in School’s e-newsletter, bulletin, magazine etc.
6. Yoga Quiz: A Yoga Quiz is being organized by the Ministry of Ayush (MoA), in collaboration with the MyGov on platform (https://quiz.mygov.in/quiz/internationalday-of-yoga-2023-quiz-2-0/).
7. Yoga Pledge: Ministry of Ayush is encouraging the citizens to take Yoga Pledge (https://yoga.ayush.gov.in/yoga/), with a resolve to make Yoga an integral part of their daily lives.
Yoga Workshops and Seminars
CBSE encourages schools to organize Yoga workshops and seminars for students and teachers. The primary goal is to advocate for the adoption of Yoga as part of the daily routine.
Mass Yoga Demonstration
A mass demonstration of Yoga on the International Day of Yoga would be a powerful symbol of solidarity and commitment to health and wellness.
CBSE Competitions and Contests on IYD 2023
To create an interest in Yoga among students, CBSE suggests organizing Quiz and Essay Writing Competitions on Yoga-themed topics. They can also participate in IDY competitions on the MyGov platform, such as the Jingle contest and the PM Yoga awards.
IYD 2023 Publications
CBSE schools are encouraged to publish Yoga & IDY-specific articles in the school’s e-newsletter, bulletin, magazine, etc., to foster a deeper understanding of Yoga and its benefits.
Online Platforms for IYD Activities
In collaboration with the Ministry of Ayush, MyGov is hosting a Yoga Quiz. Also, citizens are encouraged to take the Yoga Pledge, resolving to make Yoga an integral part of their daily lives.
Join the Yoga Day Celebration!
To make the celebration of the International Day of Yoga a grand success, CBSE requests all its schools to partake in these activities. A brief report of the activities conducted, along with photographs, can be uploaded to the provided online link.
Embrace the spirit of Yoga this year and join in celebrating this holistic path to health and well-being. Let’s make Yoga a part of our lives, not just on the International Day of Yoga, but every day!
Read These Too:
Summary of CBSE Latest Circular and News:
In accordance with the CBSE circular, schools across the nation are preparing to celebrate the International Day of Yoga on 21st June 2023.
With a slew of activities, including workshops, quizzes, and mass demonstrations, they aim to highlight Yoga’s significance in fostering overall health and well-being, reinforcing this year’s theme, ‘Yoga for Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam’. Join in as we foster the integration of Yoga into our daily lives.
CBSE Sample Papers | CBSE Circulars | Quizzes | Study Material
Join our Premium Telegram and Whatsapp Channel for More News and Updates.
For the Latest Educational News (CBSE, ICSE, and State Board News) and live news updates, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Join our Premium Telegram Channel. Read more on Latest Exams & Results News on Shikshapress.com.