Ministry of Education issues Advisory to Parents and Teachers on Children’s Safe Online Gaming
Welcome to Shikshapress. As you know online gaming is very popular in kids nowadays. But there are some dangers of online gaming and online gaming addiction. So that’s Why online gaming safety is very important. The online gaming safety tips or online gaming safety for students is provided by so many Blogs. But today Government of India issues advisory to parents on online gaming tips for parents.
Please Read These online gaming safety tips and online remote gaming safety tips for parents. it’s our moral duty to protect our Kids from online gaming trolling and online gaming addiction.
Safety precautions in playing games – In the new era of technology, online gaming is very popular with children because of the challenges it brings to the players which excite them and making them play more which can lead to addiction. Online games can either be played on the internet itself or from another computer network.
Online Gaming Safety and Security Tips for Kids and Parents
However, online gaming has many downsides. Playing online games leads to a serious gaming addiction which has been considered as a gaming disorder. The game is designed in a way that each level is more complicated and complex than the previous one. This causes a player to push themselves to the limit in order to progress in the game. Therefore, playing online games with no restriction and self-limits leads many players to become addicted and are eventually diagnosed with gaming disorder.
The gaming companies also emotionally compel the child to buy more levels and almost force in-app purchases.
In view of the same, advisory to parents and teachers has been recommended for wider circulation and educating them for necessary action ensuring effective use in overcoming all online gaming downsides with the associated mental and physical stress to children.
Ministry Also issues some important safety precautions in playing games, gaming safety tips for parents and gaming safety tips.
How do you stay safe while playing online games?
These days, children are engaged day and night in online games like PubG, Free Fire. They enjoy this game for hours with their teammates sitting at some other place. But nowadays fraud has also been a lot through these games. In the name of sending you a virtual gift, a player clicks on such a link, which can empty your account. Or you can fall prey to them in the name of account upgradation.
- While playing online games, if something wrong happened, stop immediately and take a screenshot (using the “print screen” button on the keyboard) and report it.
- Help your child to protect their privacy online, get them to use a screen name (avatar) that does not reveal their real name.
- Use antivirus/spyware programs and configure web browsers securely using firewall.
- Activate parental controls and safety features on the device or in the app or browser as it helps restrict access to certain content and limit spending on in-game purchases.
- Notify if a stranger tries to start a conversation about something inappropriate or requests personal information.
- Check the age rating of any games your child is playing.
Online Gaming Tips for Kids and Parents
- In case of a bullying, encourage not to respond and keep a record of the harassing messages and report the behaviour to the game site administrator/block, mute or ‘unfriend’ that person from their players list, or turn off the in-game chat function.
- Play alongside your child to get a better sense of how they are handling their personal information and who they are communicating with.
- Help your child understand that some features in online games are used to encourage more play and spending. Talk to them about gambling, what it is and its consequences both online and in the physical world.
- Always ensure that your child accesses internet from a computer placed in the family space.
So these are some important gaming safety tips.
Online Gaming Safety Tips for Kids.
- Do not allow in-game purchases without parental consent. To avoid in app purchases; OTP based payment methods may be adopted as per RBI’s guidelines.
- Avoid credit/debit cards registration on apps for subscriptions. Place an upper limit on expenditure per transaction.
- Do not let children buy directly from the laptop or mobile they use for gaming.
- Advise children not to download software and games from unknown websites.
- Tell them to be beware of clicking links, images and pop-ups in the websites as they may contain a virus and harm the computer, and may contain age-inappropriate content.
- Advise them not to give personal information over the Internet while downloading games.
- They should never share personal information with people in games and on gaming profile.
- Advise them not to communicate with strangers, including adults, through web cam, private messaging or online chat, as it increases the risk of contact from online abusers, or bullying from other players.
- Advise them against engaging in game for long hours without taking a break considering health aspects and addiction.
Please Follow These Safety precautions in playing games.
TO REPORT ANY UNTOWARD INCIDENT, USE THE FOLLOWING LINKS:
National Helpline – https://cybercrime.gov.in/Webform/Helpline.aspx
Statewise Nodal Officers- https://cybercrime.gov.in/Webform/Crime_NodalGrivanceList.aspx
Friends, we have given you Cyber Safety Tips for Online Gaming. Gave information about How To Stay Safe From Online Gaming . If you want us to post on such informative topic, then you can tell us by commenting in the comment box given below. We look forward to your feedback and suggestions. ..Thank you..
For breaking news and live news updates, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Join our Premium Telegram Channel . Read more on Latest Exams & Results News on Shikshapress.com.
Leave a Reply