World Vegan Day 2022: World Vegan Day is being celebrated today, know its history and importance
World Vegan Day was started in the United Kingdom in 1994 by Louise Wallis, then president of The Vegan Society, to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the organization’s founding and the coining of the words “vegan” and “veganism”.
About World Vegan Day
World Vegan Day 2022: Every year on 1 November, World Vegan Day is celebrated all over the world. It is celebrated by all the vegetarian people around the world to inspire people to follow a vegetarian lifestyle. The word vegan is derived from the word Vegetarian by Donald Watson. Vegetarian Day is an occasion to promote a vegetarian diet and the benefits of vegetarianism in general.
History of World Vegan Day
The day was established in the United Kingdom in 1994 by Louise Wallis, then president of The Vegan Society, to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the organization’s founding and the coining of the words “vegan” and “veganism”. The president of the Vegan Society decided to choose the date for November 1. It is now recognized as the date on which the Vegetarian Society was established and the day on which Vegetarian Day will be celebrated.
Reasons to Celebrate World Vegan Day
Being vegetarian means saving the environment and making people aware of it. The specialty of vegetarian life draws more attention to the prevention of diseases and the protection of the environment. Being non-vegetarian can lead to many diseases. Whereas serious diseases like cancer can also be cured by a vegetarian lifestyle.
Benefits of being vegetarian
1. Vegan diet contains more fiber, antioxidants, and nutrients that benefit the body. The amount of potassium, magnesium, folate, vitamin-A, vitamin C, and vitamin E is very high in this diet. All these things are said to be very important for health.
2. Being vegetarian keeps your heart healthy. If you have heart disease then a vegetarian diet can be effective for you. Regular consumption of fruits and vegetables can control cholesterol in the body.
3. If you are a vegetarian then you will not have any problem managing your VAT. If you have gained weight due to any reason, then you can control your weight by adopting a vegetarian diet.
4. Vegetarian diet can help in reducing high blood pressure. In today’s era, it is very common to have the problem of high blood pressure, such a situation, if you consume onions, garlic, and other vegetarian foods regularly.
5. It also helps in protecting the environment and also reduces your carbon footprint.
For the Latest Educational News (CBSE, ICSE, and State Board News) and live news updates, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Join our Premium Telegram Channel. Read more on Latest Exams & Results News on Shikshapress.com.