In the realm of competitive examinations, general science gk questions and answers play a pivotal role in determining a candidate’s success. Our general science gk quiz is meticulously designed to cover crucial general science gk topics, ensuring that aspirants, whether aiming for the IAS, UPSC, or SSC exams, are well-prepared.
It’s not just those gearing up for national exams who can benefit; students of different academic levels, especially those in class 10 and class 12, can use these resources to reinforce their foundational knowledge.
Notably, our compilation of the top 50 general science gk questions includes the most important ones, tailor-made to assist both youngsters looking for general science gk for kids and serious contenders prepping for competitive exams. Dive in and gear up for success!
Current Affairs Top 50 General Science GK Questions Answers in English for all Competitive Exams.
1. What is the process by which plants make their food?
2. What is the smallest unit of life?
3. Which planet is known as the Red Planet?
4. What is the chemical symbol for gold?
5. How many bones are there in the adult human body?
6. Who proposed the theory of evolution by natural selection?
Answer: Charles Darwin
7. Which gas do plants absorb from the atmosphere during photosynthesis?
Answer: Carbon dioxide
8. What is the study of birds called?
9. Which element has the chemical symbol ‘Fe’?
10. What is the largest organ in the human body?
11. What causes tides in the ocean?
Answer: Gravitational pull of the Moon
12. Which vitamin is produced in our body when exposed to sunlight?
Answer: Vitamin D
13. What is the hardest natural substance known?
14. Who invented the periodic table?
Answer: Dmitri Mendeleev
15. In which part of the plant does photosynthesis occur?
16. What are the primary colors of light?
Answer: Red, Green, and Blue
17. Who discovered penicillin?
Answer: Alexander Fleming
18. What is the chemical formula for water?
19. Which planet has the most moons?
20. What is the atomic number of hydrogen?
21. What is the force that keeps planets in orbit around the sun?
22. What is the most abundant gas in Earth’s atmosphere?
23. What are the building blocks of proteins?
Answer: Amino acids
24. What is the study of fossils called?
25. Who is known as the father of modern physics?
Answer: Albert Einstein
General Science GK Questions for Class 10 | Class 12 | IAS, UPSC, SSC Exams
Explore our top 50 general science GK questions and dive into a range of general science gk topics, perfect for kids, class 10 and class 12 students. These GK Questions are also important for IAS, UPSC, or SSC exams, our general science gk quiz offers the most important questions for competitive exams.
100+ General Knowledge Trivia Quiz Questions and Answer for Kids
26. Which gas is responsible for the greenhouse effect?
Answer: Carbon dioxide
27. What type of lens is used to correct myopia?
Answer: Concave lens
28. Which planet is closest to the sun?
29. Who formulated the law of motion?
Answer: Sir Isaac Newton
30. What is the pH value of pure water?
31. What part of the cell is responsible for producing energy?
32. How many elements are there in the modern periodic table?
33. What is the chemical formula for common salt?
34. Who proposed the theory of relativity?
Answer: Albert Einstein
35. Which metal is in liquid form at room temperature?
36. What is the study of stars and space called?
37. Who discovered the circulation of blood?
Answer: William Harvey
38. What type of waves are used in a microwave oven?
39. Which planet is known for its rings?
40. What is the main component of natural gas?
41. Which vitamin is known as ascorbic acid?
Answer: Vitamin C
42. What is the process by which a solid turns into a gas without becoming a liquid?
43. What do we call the study of insects?
44. Who discovered electricity?
Answer: Benjamin Franklin (Note: He is one of the key figures in the study of electricity, though it was “observed” rather than “discovered”).
45. How many double helix strands are there in DNA?
46. What is the nearest star to Earth?
Answer: Proxima Centauri (after the Sun)
47. Who invented the telescope?
Answer: Hans Lippershey
48. What is the main gas found in the sun?
49. Which metal is the best conductor of electricity?
50. What do we call the “powerhouse of the cell”?
Harnessing the knowledge from our general science gk quiz not only reinforces your scientific foundation but also equips you with the confidence to ace any test.
Remember, every question you tackle from the top 50 general science gk questions prepares you a step further for success. Teachers, Students and Quiz Masters can use these for various general knowledge tests or quizzes.
Read These Too
- 400+ General Knowledge Quiz (Simple GK Questions and Answers) for Kids
- 100+ General Knowledge Trivia Quiz Questions and Answer for Kids
CBSE Sample Papers | CBSE Circulars | Quizzes | Study Material
Click Here to Join our Premium Telegram for More News and Updates.
Download ShikshaPress App For Free Educational Updates
For the Latest Educational News (CBSE, ICSE, and State Board News) and live news updates, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Join our Premium Telegram Channel. Read more on Latest Exams & Results News on Shikshapress.com.