Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav Stamp Design Competition for Class 8 to 12 Students.
Stamp Design Competition for Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav (AKAM)
Competitions for Students: This Mahotsav is dedicated to the people of India who have not only been instrumental in bringing India thus far in its evolutionary journey but also hold within them the power and potential to enable Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s vision of activating India 2.0, fueled by the spirit of Aatmanirbhar Bharat.
Department of Post in collaboration with the Ministry of Education, and the Department of School Education and Literacy is organizing the Stamp Design Competition from 1st Oct 2022 to 31st October 2022, with goal of participation of at least 10 lakh school students from class VIII to Class XII.
Department of School Education & Literacy, AKAM Division of Ministry of Culture invite students of Class 8 to 12 from across India to design postage stamp on Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav. Schools affiliated to CBSE, including Kendriya Vidyalayas and Navodaya Vidyalayas as well as schools affiliated to all State Boards can participate in the Campaign and submit best 5 postage stamp designs by the students on MyGov portal.
Themes for Stamp Design
- Freedom Struggle – The fight against colonial rule in India constitutes a unique narrative, one which is not marred by violence. The soul of India’s Freedom Struggle is full of variegated stories of valor, bravery, satyagraha, dedication, and sacrifice of millions.
AKAM aims to present a holistic view of India’s Freedom Struggle and to bring alive stories of unsung heroes, whose sacrifices have made freedom a reality for us and also revisits the milestones, freedom movements etc. in the historical journey to 15 August, 1947. Stories on Unsung Heroes is an attempt to recall and remember forgotten heroes of our freedom struggle and to inspire and encourage the coming generations
- Ideas@75 – India is built upon ideas of modern infrastructure, growth and development through scientific power, taking pride in our culture and heritage, vibrant democracy through strong institutions and systems are unique to the 74 years of journey of India. These ideas bring alive programs and events and enhances India’s contribution to the world
- Resolve@75 – Only through our collective resolve we can build strong and vibrant India. India of 21st century is poised to create a Better India, which is Clean, Inclusive, Self-Reliant and Proud of its roots.
New India is determined to move forward and achieve something big. Programs like Har Ghar Tiranga, Constitution Day, Good Governance Week, India Against Illicit Smuggling of Cultural Property, Yoga Day, Beti Bachao Beti Padhao and Swachh Bharat are indicative of the collective resolve of New India, giving everyone a deep sense of purpose.
- Actions@75 – The New India is moving forward on the clarion call of SABKA SAATH, SABKA VIKAS, SABKA VISHWAS, SABKA PRAYAS. It encompasses Government policies, schemes, action plans along with commitments from businesses, NGOs, civil society that helps actualize our ideas and help us collectively create a better tomorrow.
New India stand on strong action plans of creating a knowledge-based society, use of scientific power for improving the life of all, continuous and multitude efforts for the deepening of democracy and instilling a sense of pride among everyone for our culture, history and beliefs. Journey of Amrit Kaal is our ability to adhere and propel these value systems in our thoughts, beliefs and actions.
- Achivement@75 – During its 75 years of Journey, India has grown strong, resilient and progressive. We have shown to the world that in spite of differences in languages, food habits and costumes, we can work together for creating a strong India. A country which was begging for food to feed its population, has transformed itself an exporter of food grains.
From being known as the land of snake charmers to the Global IT Powerhouse, India is today creating world class digital public services and infrastructure. The success of digital payment and UPI has amazed a number of developed nation. The success of COVID strategy has bring to forth our collective ability of transforming crisis into opportunities. Driving a technology led Largest Vaccination Drive of the world, India has shown to the it’s the power of innovation, determination and collective will.
You are requested to hold the Stamp Design Competition in your schools on any of the days from 1 st October 2022 to 31st October 2022 and conduct a screening of all the entries in order to shortlist a maximum of 05 designs on AKAM with the best ideas. These 05 designs on AKAM shall be scanned and uploaded on the MyGov Portal website www.innovativeindia.mygov.in/akamstampdesign.
Timeline for AKAM Stamp Design Content
||3rd October 2022
||31st October 2022
Rewards of AKAM Stamp Design Content
National-level winners will get attractive prizes.
Best entries from each state will be awarded State level prize of Rs 2000 each.
Terms and Conditions for AKAM Stamp Design Content
- Schools affiliated to CBSE, including Kendriya Vidyalayas and Navodaya Vidyalayas as well as schools affiliated to all State Boards can participate in the Campaign.
- Students belonging to Class VIII to Class XII can participate.
- Students should draw their ideas on AKAM through crayons/ pencil colors/ water colors/ acrylic colors on art sheets (A4 Size, 200 GSM, White Color) to be provided by the Department of Posts (DOP) to schools.
- The Drawing sheet can be downloaded from here (sample design of Art Sheet): Drawing Sheet (PDF)
- DoP shall collect all the drawing sheets and preserve at Circle level upon completion of the competition.
- Department of School Education & Literacy shall send a formal communication to Chairman CBSE, Commissioners of KV & NV, and all the Chief Secretaries/ Principal Secretary (School Education), requesting them to direct the schools under their jurisdiction/ control to hold the Stamp Design Competition.
- CBSE/ KV/ NV/ State Governments shall issue instructions to all the Principals of schools regarding initial screening of entries to be done by the school authorities, in order to select a maximum of 05 entries per school.
- The Postal Nodal Officers in each District/ Division shall get in touch with the School Nodal Officers and arrange to supply the A4 size sheets for holding the Stamp Design Competition. Specific date or dates shall also be decided with mutual consultation with the school authorities for holding the Stamp Design Competition
- Schools affiliated to CBSE, including Kendriya Vidyalayas and Navodaya Vidyalayas as well as schools affiliated to all State Boards are to hold the Stamp Design Competition at the school level on any of the days during the 01 – 31st October 2022.
- Schools to conduct a screening of all the entries in order to shortlist a maximum of 05 designs on AKAM with the best ideas. These 05 designs on AKAM shall be scanned and uploaded on the MyGov Portal on Link: http://www.innovativeindia.mygov.in/akamstampdesign
- Ministry of Culture and Department of School Education & Literacy would identify and nominate experts for each State to facilitate the evaluation process of the entries uploaded on the MyGov portal. 05 best entries will be finalized from each state & UTs.
- National-level evaluation would be done jointly by a committee nominated by the Ministry of Culture and the Department of Posts.
- Department of Posts, Ministry of Education and Ministry of Culture will use their official social media handles to give wide publicity to the entire campaign.
Click Here to Participate
Click Here To Read More
Join our Premium Telegram and Whatsapp Channel for More News and Updates
For the Latest Educational News (CBSE, ICSE and State Board News) and live news updates, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Join our Premium Telegram Channel. Read more on Latest Exams & Results News on Shikshapress.com.