You can become a Teacher by qualifying for these 4 Exams in India
During the last few years, the interest of youth in the teaching line is increasing continuously. Schools, colleges, and universities are now opening even in remote areas of the country, where jobs are galore. Apart from the educational subject, the demand for professional teachers in fields like fitness, sports, etc. is also increasing continuously. After many changes in the salary of the teacher, now good salary is being received at the beginning itself. If you also want to make your career in this field, then the information given here will definitely come in handy for you:
So let’s know how to become a teacher in India
Qualification Required to Become a Teacher:
- To become a teacher in India, it is necessary to have B.Ed. You can also do M.Ed to enhance your qualification.
- Apart from this, you can also do a Basic Training Certificate (BTC), Diploma in Education (D.Ed), or Teaching Training Certificate.
- Candidates willing to do government jobs in teaching can also appear in the Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) to be conducted by CBSE.
How to Become a Pre-Primary Teacher ?
You can pursue either of the two courses – Nursery Teachers Training (NTT) for 1 year or Diploma in Early Childhood Education (D.E.C.Ed.) for 2 years after class 12th.
To Become a Teacher it is necessary to Qualify for These 4 Important Exams
TGT (Trained Graduate Teacher) and PGT (Post Graduate Teacher)
In this, you can teach standard class students, that is, you can teach children from class 6 to 10, for this you should have a graduation degree as well as a degree of B.ED (Bachelor of Education), only then you can give the exam. Yes, this course is of full 2 years and after doing this you can easily teach 6 to 10 class students.
This test is conducted at the state level. This exam is famous mainly in Uttar Pradesh and Delhi. For TGT it is necessary to have a graduate and B.Ed and for PGT it is necessary to have a post-graduate and B.Ed degree. TGT pass teachers teach children from 6 to 10 years, after passing PGT, teachers teach secondary and senior secondary students.
PGT: This is a very standard teacher, in this, you can teach 11th and 12th students, but for this, you should have Post Graduation and BED (Bachelor of Education) degree, that is now with good marks only then you could get a chance.
TET – Teacher Eligibility Test
In many states of the country, this exam is conducted for the students doing B.Ed and D.Ed. Those students can also participate in this exam whose B.Ed result has not come. After passing the exam, the state government gives a certificate for a certain number of years. This time is 5-7 years. During this, the candidate can apply for Teacher Recruitment.
CTET – Central Teacher Eligibility Test
The Ministry of Education, Govt. of India has entrusted the responsibility of conducting the Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) to the Central Board of Secondary Education Delhi.
The rationale for including the TET as a minimum qualification for a person to be eligible for appointment as a teacher is as under:
- It would bring national standards and benchmark of teacher quality in the recruitment process;
- It would induce teacher education institutions and students from these institutions to further improve their performance standards;
- It would send a positive signal to all stakeholders that the Government lays special emphasis on teacher quality
To become a teacher in Kendriya Vidyalaya, Delhi Schools, Tibetan Schools, and Navodaya Vidyalayas, Teacher has to clear this exam. This exam is conducted by CBSE in which only students with graduate passes and BEd degree can participate. They need to get 60% marks to pass this exam. The candidates who pass the exam are given a certificate that is valid for 7 years.
UGC NET – University Grants Commission (UGC)-NET
The National Eligibility Test (NET) is conducted on behalf of the University Grants Commission (UGC) for determining the eligibility of Indian nationals for the Eligibility of Assistant Professorship, Junior Research Fellowship, or both, for Indian Universities and Colleges.
To become a lecturer in college, it is necessary to clear the NET exam. NET paper is held twice in a year in December and June. The NET exam consists of three papers. Candidates can give the exam in any medium, English and Hindi.
List of Courses to Become Government Teacher in India
- Bachelor of Education (B.Ed)
- Pre-School Teacher Education Program
- Nursery Teacher Education Program
- Elementary Teacher Education Program
- Diploma in Education (D.Ed.)
- Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.EI.Ed.)
- Physical Education Program (C.P.Ed.)
- Bachelor of Physical Education (B.P.Ed.) Program
- Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) (Open and Distance Learning System)
- Master of Education Program (M.Ed.)
- Master of Education Program (M.Ed.) (Part Time)
- Master of Education Program (M.Ed.) (Open and Distance Education Learning System)