India GK Quiz: Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav Quiz Questions And Answers (India Independence Day Quiz Questions and Answers)
100+ Easy general knowledge questions and answers about India| gk questions about India in English | interesting gk questions about India | gk questions with answers | India quiz for kids
India GK Quiz: As India celebrates 75 years of independence, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched the Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav. quiz on freedom fighters with answers, independence day questions, and answers, Indian patriotic quiz questions and answers, make 10 questions related to independence day, independence day quiz with answers pdf, independence day quiz questions and answers 2022, 75th independence day quiz questions and answers, independence day quiz with answers pdf 2022
In this article, we have created some questions to know your basics about the General Knowledge Questions about India, the Indian national flag and Independence Day.
Independence Day Quiz: Do you know These Basic GK Questions about India?
In 2022, India will celebrate the 75th Independence Day on 15 August. This day reminds us of the sacrifices of various freedom fighters to get freedom from British rule. Usually, the day is celebrated with flag hoisting ceremonies, parades and cultural events, but due to the ongoing pandemic celebrations will vary this year.
GK India Quiz: Basic General Knowledge Questions about India with answers
India GK Quiz:In this post Students will come to know about basic questions about india. These basic gk questions about india is very useful for students of class 4,5,6,7,8,9,10 and 12th. Students can practice these basic general knowledge questions about india with answers for any competitive exams.
- Question: Dandi March – Number of Days
Answer: 24 Days
- Question: What was the name of an all women regiment set up in Azad Hind Fauj?
Answer: Rani of Jhansi Regiment
- Question: Name of the Commission set up by the Britishers in 1920 to probe Jallianwala bagh massacre ?
Answer: Hunter Commission
- Question: What was the name of an all women regiment set up in Azad Hind Fauj ?
Answer: Usha Mehta on 14th August 1942
- Question: Which freedom fighter was popularly known as Master Da ?
Answer: Surya Sen
- Question: Who led the Rampa rebellion of 1922 against the Britishers?
Answer: Alluri Sitaraman Raju
- Question: Which freedom fighter gave the call, Dilli Chalo?
Answer: Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose
- Question: Who founded the Free India Society?
Answer: Vinayak Damodar Savarkar
- Question: Who started the Bardoli Satyagraha and in which year ?
Answer: Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel in 1928
- Question: Which revolutionary freedom fighter popularized the slogan, “Inquilab Zindabad”?
Answer: Bhagat Singh
- Question: Who founded Swadeshi Steam Navigation Company to compete against the Monopoly of British Ships?
Answer: freedom fighter V.O. Chidambaram Pillai.
- Question: Which incident forced Mahatma Gandhi to halt the Non Cooperation Movement ?
Answer: Chauri Chaura Incident
- Question: Who was the author of the play Nil Darpan which narrated the sufferings of Indigo cultivators?
Answer: Dinabandhu Mitra
- Question: Which book of Leo Tolstoy influenced Mahatma Gandhi?
Answer: The Kingdom of God is within you
- Question: In which year did the British announce the transfer of the seat of the Government from Calcutta to Delhi?
- Question: By Operation Polo, which princely state got integrated with India?
- Question: The Battle of Plassey was a crucial victory for the East India Company. In which state is Plassey located now?
Answer: West bengal
- Question: Who was the founder of Servants of India Society?
Answer: Gopal Krishan Gokhale
- Question: Who established Sadaqat Ashram – the house of truth, that was meant to symbolise Hindu-Muslim unity?
Answer: Mahatma Gandhi
- Question: Who is the First Indian to clear the Indian Civil Service Examination?
Answer: Shri Satyendranath Tagore
- Question: Who is the first recipient of the Param Vir Chakra, the highest Indian gallantry award ?
Answer: Major Somnath Sharma
- Question: As per the Flag code of India, what is the ratio of the Length-to-width of our Flag?
Answer: 3:2 (Three is to Two).
General Knowledge About India With 100+ Questions
India GK Quiz:These basic gk questions about India for class 5 Onwards. Students can learn these basic general knowledge questions and answers about India for better knowledge of their country.
- Question: Who founded Satya Shodhak Samaj to build a new society based on truth and equality.?
Answer: Jyotiba Phule
- Question: The acronym, Lal, Bal, Pal is used for which freedom fighters?
Answer: Lala Lajpat Rai, Bal Gangadhar Tilak and Bipin Chandra Pal are synonymous with the famous trio of Lal, Bal and Pal.
- Question: When did the Santhal uprising take place against the East India Company ?Who led the rebellion ?
Answer: 30th June 1855
- Question: What is the slogan of Ram Prasad Bismil ?
Answer: Sarfaroshi ki tamanna ab hamare dil me hai
- Question: Which Freedom Fighter was fondly called “The Nightingale of India” ?
Answer: Sarojini Naidu
- Question: Name the calligrapher, who hand-wrote the Original Constitution of India.
Answer: Prem Behari Narain Raizada
- Question: In which year was the First session of the All India States’ People’s Conference convened?
- Question: Which great Freedom Fighter wrote a series of Articles under the title ‘‘New Lamps for Old’ in Induprakash Newspaper?
Answer: Sri Aurobindo
- Question: Baba Gurdit Singh was associated with which incident that catalysed the Ghadar movement?
Answer: Komagata Maru Incident
- Question: Who led the Tribal Rebellion against the local king and the British Rule in Bastar, Chhattisgarh in 1910, through a movement popularly known as ‘The Bhumkal Movement’?
Answer: Shahid Gundadhur
- Question: Who was the founder of the Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science, IACS, the first swadeshi scientific Institution, by Indians and for Indians?
Answer: Dr Mahendra Lal Sircar
- Question: Which Revolutionary, known as Robin Hood of India, waged an armed struggle against British rule for twelve years till his arrest in 1889?
Answer: Tantia Bhil
- Question: Who was the Leading Defence Counsel in the Red Fort Trials conducted by the British against the INA officers – Major General Shah Nawaz Khan, Colonel Prem Sahgal and Colonel Gurbaksh Singh Dhillon?
Answer: Bhulabhai Desai
- Question: Who was the first person to hoist the Indian tricolour in an international forum?
Answer: Madame Bhikaji Cama
- Question: A brave commander assisted queen Veeramangai Velu Nachiyar, the First female ruler to resist the British colonial power. This commander led the queen’s army and sacrificed her life to save the queen and her land. Who is this valiant commander ?
- Question: Which Freedom Fighter, popularly known as Deshbandhu, founded swarajya party and also was the first mayor of Calcutta ?
Answer: Deshbandhu Chittaranjan Das
- Question: Historic Kuka Revolt in Punjab occurred in which year?
- Question: Which great Patriot, considered as the Father of the Indian school of Modern Chemistry said “Science can wait but Swaraj cannot.”?
Answer: Acharya Prafulla Chandra Ray
- Question: Name the Indian revolutionary scholar, associated with the Ghadar party and was a Professor of Sanskrit and Philosophy in the Universities of Berkeley and Stanford ?
Answer: Lala Hardayal
- Question: Which Revolutionary who was shot dead by the British in 1942, was affectionately known as Gandhi buri, meaning ‘old lady Gandhi’ in Bengali?
Answer: Matangini Hazra
100 Basic General Knowledge | Simple India GK Questions | Easy India Quiz Questions and Answers
India GK Quiz:100 Basic General Knowledge questions and answers that you should know Most important Science GK | India gk Questions | Geography GK Questions and Answers
- Question: Mahatma Gandhi in his first major public appearance in India said, “Our salvation can only come through the farmer. Neither the lawyers, nor the doctors, nor the rich landlords are going to secure it”. When and Where did Gandhi deliver this speech?
Answer: in 1916 at the opening of the Banaras Hindu University.
- Question: Which Freedom Fighter published a monthly magazine called Free Hindusthan to educate the Indian immigrant population of British Columbia about the exploitative policies of the British Indian government?
- Question: Name the Freedom Fighter who was greatly influenced by Mahatma Gandhi and pioneered the Swadeshi Movement in Sikkim?
- Question: Name the American Journalist who reported about the British brutality perpetrated against peaceful Satyagrahis at Dharasana Salt Depot during the Civil Disobedience Movement. His reporting was credited for helping turn world opinion against British colonial rule of India.
Answer: Webb Miller
- Question: Which Indian Revolutionary known for the cultural-political movement called New Humanism, founded the Radical Democratic party?
Answer: Manvendra Nath Roy
- Question: Name the town which served not only as the Coromandel headquarters of the Dutch East India Company but also as the port for the Dutch slave trade?
Answer: Pulicat in Tamil Nadu
- Question: Sonakhan village in Chhattisgarh is associated with which great Freedom Fighter ?
Answer: Veer Narayan Singh.
- Question: Dora Besoyee and Chakara Besoyee are associated with which rebellion against the British?
Answer: Kandha Uprising in Odisha
- Question: Which Social reformer, popularly known as Utkalamani or the Jewel of Utkal, started Satyabadi School that served as a nucleus for fostering a strong national spirit among the youth of Odisha?
Answer: Pandit Gopabandhu Das.
- Question: During the Swadeshi movement, a painter depicted Bharat Mata as a calm, composed, divine and spiritual ascetic figure. Name the Painter who is also a major exponent of Swadeshi values in Indian art?
Answer: Abanindranath Tagore
- Question: Known as the Agni of India, a Revolutionary who was a member of Naujawan Bharat Sabha helped Bhagat Singh and Rajguru escape after they eliminated a British Police officer. Name the Revolutionary?
Answer: Durgawati Devi
- Question: What is the real name of Freedom Fighter Vijay Singh Pathik who led the Bijolia Kisan Andolan in Rajasthan?
Answer: Bhoop Singh
- Question: Name the Assamese social reformer, writer, teacher, and women’s rights activist, who established the ‘All Assam Pradeshik Mahila Samiti’ in the year 1926. ?
Answer: Chandraprabha Saikiani
- Question: A renowned freedom fighter,popularly known as ‘Krantisinh’, was the leader of ‘Satara Parallel Government’ in Maharashtra. Name the revolutionary.?
Answer: Nana Patil
- Question: Name the Freedom fighter who led Salt Satyagraha in Uttarakhand. Popularly known as ‘Gadkesari’ he was instrumental in eliminating the Coolie Begar system in Garhwal ?
Answer: Anusuya Prasad Bahuguna
- Question: Name the freedom Fighter Popularly known as Rajarshi, who launched successfully the ‘No Tax’ campaign in the United Province in 1930?
Answer: Purushottam Das Tandon
- Question: Name the Freedom Fighter who founded ‘Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan’, an educational trust in 1938. He was also elected to the Bombay Legislative Assembly but resigned after ‘Bardoli Satyagraha’.
Answer: Kanhaiyalal Maneklal Munshi
- Question: Name the first woman Satyagrahi to be court arrested in Nagpur and was jailed twice for her involvement in protests against British rule in 1923 and 1942. Also a Famous poet, her poem immortalized Rani Lakshmi Bai.
Answer: Subhadra Kumari Chauhan
- Question: Name the Freedom fighter who popularly known as ‘Haryana Kesari’, organized ‘Ambala Divisional political conference’ in 1920 to popularize the Non-Cooperation Movement?
Answer: Pandit Neki Ram Sharma
- Question: Name the Freedom Fighter from Assam who was Popularly called ’Deshbhakta’.
Answer: Tarun Ram Phukan
General Knowledge for Kids: Check 100+ Simple GK Questions and Answers About India
India GK Quiz: 100 easy general knowledge questions and answers about India pdf | Independence Day & Republic Day of India Quiz | 50 Important Questions on Indian Independence
- Question: Name the revolutionary who established Dipali Sangha, in 1923, an association to empower women socially, politically and to make them financially independent.She also established ‘Mahila Atma Raksha Fund’, one of the first women self-defence martial arts groups.
Answer: Leela Roy
- Question: In Search of Freedom is an autobiography of which Revolutionary? He was part of the Hindustan Republican Association and Revolutionary Socialist Party.
Answer: Jogesh Chatterjee.
- Question: Darthawma Renthlei, a member of the ‘Azad Hind Fauj,’ fought against colonial rule and was captured by the British in 1944, but was later released from Lucknow jail following the intervention of Mahatma Gandhi. Which Indian state, does this valiant freedom fighter hail from?
- Question: “The books – Dvipantarer Katha and Amar Karajiban – in Bengali are the first-hand accounts of the gruesome colonial atrocities perpetrated by Britishers on Cellular jail inmates. Which freedom fighter wrote these two books?
Answer: Ullaskar Dutt.
- Question: “Name the Freedom Fighter who established the women’s wing of the Andhra Congress. She also organized groups like ‘desh sevikas’ to propagate boycott of foreign goods and use of khadi.
Answer: Duvvuri Subbamma
- Question: “Under whose leadership did the first parallel government set up in Ballia, in Eastern Uttar Pradesh, during the Quit India Movement ?
Answer: Chittu Pandey
- Question: “Virangana Mahabiri Devi formed a group of 22 women, armed them with iron weapons and launched an attack on the British in 1857? Which Indian state does this valiant freedom fighter hail from?
Answer: Uttar Pradesh
- Question: “Name the freedom fighter who changed the Universal Declaration of Human Rights from “All men are created equal” to “All human beings are created equal”?
Answer: Hansa Mehta
- Question: “The famous Nahar Satyagraha, that is Canal Satyagraha, was started in which village in chhattisgarh, in 1920?
Answer: Kandel Village in Dhamtari tehsil in Chhattisgarh.
- Question: “One of the first women martyrs of the Freedom Movement, participated in Chittagong Armory Raid along with Surya Sen. Name the revolutionary who made supreme sacrifice at the age of 21 years.
Answer: Pritilata Waddedar.
- Question: “A small Village in Odisha ,became popular as ‘Sangrami Tirtha’, after 32 freedom fighters of the village captured a British court at Sambalpur in 1942 as a part of the Quit India movement. Name the Village?
Answer: Panimara village in Bargarh District, Odisha.
- Question: “Name the freedom fighter who was popularly known as “Gandhi of Haryana”. Passed away in 1997, he was also involved in ‘Bhoodaan and Sarvodaya Movements’.?
Answer: Babu Mool Chand Jain.
- Question: “Which Freedom Fighter was popularly known as ‘Bihar Vibhuti’ ?
Answer: Anugrah Narayan Sinha.
- Question: Bhognadih village in Jharkhand is associated with which famous rebellion against the British?
Answer: Santhal rebellion.
- Name the freedom fighter from Meghalaya who led an uprising against the British in 1862.
Answer: U Kiang Nangbah.
- Question: In Patharughat, Assam, British forces opened fire and massacred atleast 140 unarmed peaceful farmers who were protesting against increased land revenue demands. In which year did this gruesome incident occur?
Answer: On 28th of January 1894
- Question: Name the Freedom Fighter who started Antar Bharti Movement, which was aimed at overcoming regional prejudice and to unite the nation.
Answer: PANDURANG SADASHIV SANE
- Question: Name the Freedom Fighter who was popularly called Sher-e-Kali Kumaon (The Tiger of Kali Kumaon) for his fearlessness and leadership skills.
Answer: Harsh Dev Oli.
- Question: The Book :A Bunch of Old Letters is a collection of letters written to and by, which freedom Fighter?
Answer: Jawaharlal Nehru.
- Question: he call for renunciation of all voluntary association with the British Government was given during which movement?
Answer: Non-cooperation movement.
GK Questions on India for Class 5,6,7,8,9 and 10th Students CBSE, ICSE and State Boards.
100 Most Important Science and India GK Questions and Answers for all competitive Exams like -UPSC, State PSC, SSC, RRB, and other similar competitive exams – India General Knowledge Questions and Answers In English-
- Question: Which Freedom Fighter is associated with ‘Songs From Prison’ a translation of ancient Indian religious Lyrics in English?
Answer: Mahatma Gandhi.
- Question: Which Freedom Fighter moved a Bill for Introduction of compulsory and free primary education in the Imperial Legislative Council, in 1911 ?
Answer: Gopal Krishna Gokhale.
- Question: Bhawani Pathak, Devi Choudhurani and Maznoom Shah are associated with which rebellion against the British?
Answer: The Faqir and Sanyasi Rebellions.
- Which Movement is referred to as Ulgulan or the Great Tumult in the Indian History ?
Answer: Munda Rebellion led by Birsa Munda.
- Question: ame the Freedom Fighter popularly known as Lok Nayak, who translated Gandhiji’s autobiography, ‘The Story Of My Experiments with Truth’ into Assamese
Answer: LOK NAYAK OMEO KUMAR DAS
- Question: Which Freedom Fighter described theNeemuchana massacre worse than the Jallianwala Bagh massacre?
Answer: Mahatma Gandhi
- Question: In which year did the Battle of Aberdeen, an important chapter in India’s indigenous resistance movement against the British, take place?
- Question: Name the journalist from Bihar who, through his writings, drew Mahatma Gandhi’s attention to the distress of the Indigo farmers of Champaran.
Answer: Pir Muhammad Munis a Hindi journalist from Champaran.
- Question: The First man to be arrested in Bihar under Defence of India Ordinance in 1940, this freedom fighter went to Afghanistan during the Quit India Movement, to collect firearms and ammunition.Name the revolutionary?
Answer: Basawon Singh.
- Question: Shirishkumar Mehta, who became a martyr holding the tricolour,at the age of just 15 years, hails from which place ?
Answer: Nandurbar in Maharashtra.
- Question: Name the Gandhian who established Bapu Dharma Sabha Adivasi Seva Mandal ?
Answer: Rajmohini Devi.
- Question: Attingal Revolt, which is considered to be one of the first organized revolts against the British Imperialism in India, took place in which year?
- Question: Name a Princely state in Maharashtra that implemented the Constitution drafted by mahatma Gandhi ji?
- Question: Who founded the Dawn society that encouraged education in vernacular languages?
Answer: Satish Chandra Mukherjee.
- Question: Who is the author of the book ‘How India Wrought for Freedom’?
Answer: Annie Besant.
- Question: What was the name of the party formed by Motilal Nehru and C.R. Das in 1923?
Answer: Swaraj Party.
- Question: Which Nationalist Entrepreneur is popularly known as the father of the Indian Modern Industry ?
Answer: Jamsetji Nusserwanji Tata
- Question: In which case that attracted worldwide attention, did Romain Rolland and Albert Einstein raise their voice in support of the Indians who were convicted by the British.
Answer: Meerut Conspiracy Case
- Question: Name the freedom fighter from, Assam who was popularly known as Karmavir
Answer: NABIN CHANDRA BORDOLOI
- Question: Name the Freedom Fighter who led the peasant upsurge along with Lala Lajpat Rai in Punjab in 1907. He died on 15 August 1947 at Dalhousie, Himachal Pradesh.
Answer: Sardar Ajit Singh
Hope you Would like these gk questions and answers about India and 100 Important India Easy GK Questions and Answers for all students in English | India GK Quiz for students.Please share with others.
Check More Quizzes
- Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav: India Independence Day Quiz
- General Knowledge: Know Interesting Facts About Indian National Flag
- Har Ghar Tiranga – Essay, Debate, and Social Media Video Competition
- GK Quiz on Freedom Fighters: Online MCQ Quiz on Shaheed Udham Singh for Students
- More Quizzes
- More information on Flag Code of India
Share your score with your friends and challenge them in the General Knowledge (GK MCQ Quiz) or GK Quiz on Shaheed Udham Singh’s Life. You can check out more free online MCQ general knowledge Quizzes for more practice. Join our Premium Telegram Channel or Whatsapp Group for More Study Material.
Leave a Reply