CBSE Circular – Registration Open for CBSE Science Challenge 2023-24 (Part 1 & Part 2)
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has recently released a circular announcing the CBSE Science Challenge 2023-24 for students studying in classes 8th to 10th.
CBSE Science Challenge 2023-24 Competition is aimed at promoting and enhancing scientific temperament and innovation skills among students.
CBSE Science Challenge 2023-24 Introduction
Science is inexplicably linked with our lives and helps us to understand the world around us better. By engaging with this subject, students learn to think, solve problems and make informed decisions.
As an initiative to generate curiosity, enquiry and higher-order thinking amongst the learners, the Board is organizing the CBSE Science Challenge for students of classes 8th to 10th.
||Students of classes 8th to 10th in CBSE-affiliated schools
||Science, Environment and Sustainability
||Two rounds – within-school and inter-school
||Computer-based test with MCQs
||Online participation certificate
This challenge shall be available on the CBSE platform in the months of April – May 2023. The theme of the CBSE Science Challenge is Science, Environment and Sustainability.
CBSE Science Challenge Details
The CBSE Science Competition would be conducted through two rounds – within the school, and inter-school.
There is no fee for participating students in either of the two stages of this enrichment activity.
All students of classes 8 to 10 in CBSE-affiliated schools are eligible to participate in Round One (first stage). The school would be required to register students for this round.
For Round Two (second stage), each affiliated school registered in the first stage can nominate earlier registered 6 students (The best 02 students from each participating class).
The Science challenge paper would comprise a variety of stimulants followed by MCQs. The task for participating students would focus both on speed and accuracy.
All the participants of Round Two would be issued an online participation certificate by the Board. Appreciation Certificates would be given to the best-performing students.
|Round One (First stage)
||All students of classes 8 to 10 in CBSE-affiliated schools
|Round Two (Second stage)
||The best 02 students from each participating class registered in Round One
The Science Challenge – 2023-24 Schedule
|03rd April 2023 to 14th April 2023
||17th April, 2023 to 21st April, 2023
|24th April 2023 to 04th May, 2023
||08th May 2023 to 12th May 2023
The Science Challenge – 2023-24 shall be conducted in two stages:
A. Round One (First stage):
• An affiliated school can register its students (Classes 8 to 10) for the Challenge by login on the Science Challenge Portal at https://cbseit.in/cbse/2023/scichg/login.aspx using the LOC credentials for Round One (First stage) from 03rd April 2023 to 14th April 2023. To avoid last moment rush, schools are advised to register well before the last date.
• On 17th April 2023, a Science Challenge paper with MCQs would be made available to the registered schools along with the scoring criteria on the same portal.
• The school shall organize the Challenge for the registered students between 17th April 2023 to 21st April 2023 and identify 06 students (02 each from Classes 8 to 10) on the basis of their performance on the assigned tasks for Round-1.
• The school shall subsequently register the identified students for Round 2 on the CBSE Science Challenge portal between 24th April 2023 to 04th May 2023.
B. Round Two (Second stage) – Round-II Science Challenge
• A computer-based Science Challenge would be conducted by the Board for the registered students between 08th May 2023 to 12th May 2023.
• Only the schools that have completed the first stage and subsequently registered students for Round Two shall be eligible for the second stage.
• The detailed modalities of conduct of this test shall be communicated to the schools that register students for the second round of the challenge.
Click Here to Register for CBSE Science Challenge 2024 – Part 1
Read Below for More about CBSE Round-II Science Challenge
Conclusion: The CBSE Science Challenge 2023-24 is an initiative to generate curiosity, enquiry and higher-order thinking amongst students of classes 8th to 10th in CBSE-affiliated schools.
CBSE Science Challenge Round II (12.05.2023): Important Instructions (Part 2)
The school should ensure confidentiality and fair conduct of the test by involving teachers (besides Hindi/ English) as invigilators.
Arrange desktop or laptops with following specifications for each round II registered student
- Minimum 4 GB RAM (Preferable)
- Broadband connection /Wifi /Datacard /Dongle
- Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software installed
- UPS backup for the computers/laptop
Allocate one computer for each student (on the date of the test, refer table above) who has been registered for the second stage. The students MUST attempt the paper individually on their own.
- Only registered students who have been selected for the second stage are allowed to appear
- After login to portal using LOC credentials, encrypted question paper and password would be provided at 12:00 noon.
- The test time would be 12:00 noon to 1:00 pm.
- The students MUST attempt the paper individually on their own.
- The students have to mark responses on the downloaded question file only.
- Important Instructions
- This is a PDF based test.
- Open the file in Adobe Acrobat Reader only.
- All students have to attempt the test on downloaded PDF only.
Save and upload the completed PDF file with the same name. Saved PDF should be uploaded by 1:15 PM (IST)
- DO NOT print the question paper
- DO NOT change the downloaded file name.
- DO NOT compress the file before uploading.
- DO NOT scan and upload the file.
In case of any problem in uploading, try to upload from another PC
Students are expected to upload the answered Question Paper file as soon as they complete answering the paper by ticking the option boxes of the questions.
Merit will be prepared based upon the accuracy of the answers and the shortest duration taken for submitting the final answer sheet.
NOTE: If you don’t follow the instructions and deviate from the procedure, answer sheet of your students may not be evaluated.
Click Here to Participate in CBSE Science Challenge 2024 – Part 2
The challenge, with the theme of Science, Environment and Sustainability, will be conducted in two rounds and is free of cost. Students can participate by registering through their schools and will have the opportunity to win appreciation certificates.
In case of any query, you may contact Dr Sweta Singh, Joint Secretary on 011-23211575 or on [email protected].
CBSE Sample Papers | CBSE Circulars | Quizzes | Study Material
Join our Premium Telegram and Whatsapp Channel for More News and Updates
For the Latest Educational News (CBSE, ICSE, and State Board News) and live news updates, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Join our Premium Telegram Channel. Read more on Latest Exams & Results News on Shikshapress.com.