CBSE Latest Circular: National Summit on ‘Facilitating School to Work Transition’ Announced
Overview of the National Summit on ‘Facilitating School to Work Transition’ Importance
Recognizing the ever-evolving dynamics of the international job sector and the growing demand for a multifaceted, skilled workforce, the National Education Policy (NEP) 2020 underlines the essence of incorporating skill-based teaching within the school syllabus.
By putting a spotlight on Vocational/Skill Education, the NEP 2020 endeavors to mend the traditional gap between academic and skill-intensive streams.
National Summit on ‘Facilitating School to Work Transition’ aims to equip students for real-world challenges, securing fruitful employment, and fostering continuous learning.
Acting on the forward-thinking path defined by the NEP 2020, CBSE is elated to introduce a two-day National Summit themed ‘Facilitating School to Work Transition’.
CBSE National Summit Event Details
Venue: ICAR Auditorium, Library Avenue, Pusa, New Delhi-110012
Dates: 19th & 20th September 2023
Timings: 09:00 am to 5:00 pm
Participation Link: https://forms.gle/ioHa15hZVmFi85aB9
Who Can Participate in CBSE National Summit?
Eligibility for Participation:
||Classes 6 to 10
||Classes 11 to 12
As education undergoes significant transformation, this National Summit on ‘Facilitating School to Work Transition’ emphasizes the vital part schools play in arming students with the requisite skills and knowledge to excel in an ever-adaptive professional realm.
This CBSE ‘Facilitating School to Work Transition’ National Summit will not only feature enlightening discussions by distinguished speakers, policy framers, educators, industry frontrunners, and other influential stakeholders but also grant students a platform to spotlight the initiatives in their schools that promote Skill Education via the Skill Expo.
These speakers will also delve into upcoming job opportunities, indispensable skill sets, and strategic career choices during the National Guidance Festival, which is an integral part of this summit.
How to Join CBSE National Summit
For more comprehensive guidelines on how to partake in the Skill Expo and the associated participation link. All Principals from CBSE-affiliated schools are cordially invited to this summit, accompanied by their Skill Coordinator and a pair of students.
For further inquiries or feedback, you can drop an email at: [email protected].
CBSE National Summit on ‘Facilitating School to Work Transition’: Guidelines for Participation in Skill Expo – 2023
Important Announcements Regarding CBSE Skill Expo 2023
The Skill Expo in Delhi has undergone a date change as per CBSE Circular No. Skill-95/2023 dated 14.08.2023. Originally set for 13 September 2023, it is now scheduled for 19th & 20th September 2023.
- This Skill Expo is a part of the CBSE National Summit on ‘Facilitating School to Work Transition’.
- The Skill Expo is open for all CBSE affiliated schools, both within India and internationally.
- There is no registration fee for the Skill Expo.
- Schools looking to participate should register here. Registration ends on 8th September 2023.
All registration details, including a short write-up about the exhibit, should be provided through the given link. Detailed project submissions should be timely.
- Selected schools for the Expo will be notified by 10th September 2023.
- All event-related expenses will be borne by the participating school/team.
- For any queries about the Skill Expo, send an email to [email protected].
The Skill Expo operates on two levels: Regional and National, with prior screening for both.
Participant Composition & Rules
- Schools can represent their teams with 1 teacher & 2 students per selected skill, plus 1 mentor Skill teacher.
- A school can showcase between one to three skills and register a minimum of two teams, preferably one in each category.
- Names of students and mentor teachers, once registered, are final and unchangeable.
- The team, themes/sub-themes, and skill cannot be changed post-selection.
Themes and Sub-Themes for Skill Expo
|1. Local to Global
||Bridging the gap, Remote Working, Destination Branding
|2. Future Tech
||AI, Blockchain, Robotics
|3. Health and Wellness
||Health Tech, Genetics, Molecular Biology
|4. Hospitality & Tourism
||AR/VR presentation of tourist destinations, Village Branding
|5. Sustainability & Environmental Conservation
||Climate Change, Waste Management, Sustainable Innovation
|6. AVGC Sector (Animation, Visual effect, Gaming, Comics)
||Media, Design Thinking
|7. Traditional Arts & Crafts of India
||Activities for preserving & popularizing traditional arts and crafts, Economic upliftment focusing on regional specialties like textiles, handicrafts, pottery, sculpture, metal work, woodwork, jewelry, paintings, masks, puppets, etc.
Exhibition Guidelines & Assessment
- Exhibits might showcase a process, a product, or the application of entrepreneurship.
- Exhibitors are urged to adopt eco-friendly practices.
- Schools can either independently exhibit a skill or collaborate with experts.
Exhibits Evaluation Criteria:
- Creativity and imagination: 20%
- Originality and innovativeness: 15%
- Scientific approach: 15%
- Technical skills and craftsmanship: 15%
- Entrepreneurship and societal utility: 15%
- Economics and durability: 10%
- Presentation: 10%
Certificates will be given to standout entries. The committee’s decisions on entries will be deemed final.
Read More News
CBSE Circular: Cyber Clubs to be Formed in Schools to Prevent Cybercrime
CBSE Sample Papers | CBSE Circulars | Quizzes | Study Material
Click Here to Join our Premium Telegram for More News and Updates.
For the Latest Educational News (CBSE, ICSE, and State Board News) and live news updates, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Join our Premium Telegram Channel. Read more on Latest Exams & Results News on Shikshapress.com.