About CBSE – The CBSE envisions a robust, vibrant and holistic school education that will engender excellence in every sphere of human endeavour. The Board is committed to provide quality education to promote intellectual, social and cultural vivacity among its learners. It works towards evolving a learning process and environment, which empowers the future citizens to become global leaders in the emerging knowledge society. The Board advocates Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation with an emphasis on holistic development of learners. The Board commits itself to providing a stress-free learning environment that will develop competent, confident and enterprising citizens who will promote harmony and peace.
WHAT IS UDAAN-CBSE SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM?
– Udaan is a project launched by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) under guidance of Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), to address the low enrolment of girl students in prestigious engineering institutions and the teaching gap between school education & engineering entrance examination. The effort is to enrich the teaching & learning of Science and Mathematics at School level by addressing the three dimensions of education – curriculum design, transaction and assessments.
UDAAN: A Program to give wings to girl students “UDAAN” is a project started by CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) under the guidance of MHRD (Ministry of Human Resource Development). Because many female students are not able to study much after their matriculation examination due to lack of scope despite their desire.
UDAAN-CBSE SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM IN DETAILS
UDAAN is a project launched by the CBSE under the aegis of Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) to address the low enrolment of girl students in prestigious engineering institutions and the teaching gap between school education and engineering entrance examinations. The objective is to provide a platform that empowers the girl students, facilitates their aspiration of joining the prestigious engineering institutions so that it enables them to partake an important role in nation-building. The effort is to enrich the teaching and learning of Science and Mathematics at school level by addressing the three dimensions of education- curriculum design, transaction and assessment.
ELIGIBILITY FOR UDAAN-CBSE SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
- The program is open to Indian citizens residing in India only
- All girl students studying in classes XI of KVs/ NVs/ Government Schools of any recognised Board/ CBSE affiliated private schools in India are eligible to apply.
- The selection of the students will be based on merit and will be considered against the city chosen by the candidate for the weekly virtual contact classes.
- Girl students enrolled in Class XI in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics (PCM) stream.
- Minimum 70% marks in Class X overall and 80% marks in Science and Mathematics for Boards which follow CGPA, a minimum CGPA of 8 and a GPA of 9 in Science and Mathematics.
- Reservation as per JEE (Advanced): OBC (NCL) – 27 % , SC – 15 % , ST – 7.5 % , PWD – 3 % of seats in every category.
- The annual family income should be less than Rs. 6 lakhs per annum.
Click here to Check your Eligibility.
UDAAN-CBSE SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM BENEFITS
Students are provided free offline/online courses through virtual weekend contact classes and study material while studying in class XI and XII for preparation of admission test to various premier engineering colleges in the country.
UDAAN-CBSE SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM FEATURES
Free of cost support to Girl students of Classes XI and XII to prepare for engineering entrance examination
- Availability of tutorials, videos and study material
- Organization of Virtual contact classes at 60 designated city centres
- Pre-loaded Tablet to facilitate learning beyond class room
- Orientation Session on using technology to all selected students
- Assessments designed to provide useful feedback on learning
- Remedial steps to correct learning
- Peer learning and mentoring opportunities for meritorious students
- Motivation sessions with students/parents
- Student helpline services to clarify doubts, monitor student learning and support technology
- Constant monitoring and tracking of student progress with feedback
MODE OF APPLICATION FOR UDAAN-CBSE SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
The interested applicants would need to fill the #UDAAN application form by visiting the official website of CBSE- www.cbse.nic.in or www.cbseacademic.in.
CHECK ELIGIBILTY FOR UDAAN-CBSE SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
Check your eligibility for the scheme – Click here to know
HOW TO APPLY FOR CBSE #UDAAN SCHEME?
Let’s Read About how to apply for cbse udaan scheme –
Candidates interested in availing of the benefits of this scheme can submit their applications online. Eligible female students must register through the CBSE Udaan’s official website. The steps to be followed by the applicants to apply for CBSE Udaan Scheme are described below. Step 1: Visit the official website of the CBSE Udaan Scheme. One would be required to first register on the portal before accessing the features of this policy. Step 2: Read the instructions to apply and any other relevant information thoroughly before registering on the official website. Step 3: To complete the process of registration, the applicant must go through a four-step process. The online application form must be filled in with accurate details. Errors made while filling the application form may lead to complications in the future in terms of availing the benefits of the CBSE Udaan Scheme to the fullest. Step 4: Once the application form is completely filled and submitted, the online portal generates a registration number that pops up on the monitor screen. The same will be sent through an email to the registered email address. Make sure that you enter the correct email address while filling the registration form. Step 5: After the generation of the registration number, the candidates must upload their photograph by entering their date of birth and registration number in the specified slots. Step 6: Take a printout of the application form and the downloaded declaration form and preserve the same for future reference.
WHAT ARE THE SPECIAL FEATURES OF UDAAN- CBSE SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM?
Its main feature is to provide free preparation facility for Engineering Entrances to the students who are studying in class 11 and 12.
- Provide them with free tutorials, videos and study materials
- Do Virtual Contact Classes in the centers of 60 cities of the country
- Pre-Loaded Tablet so that you can study outside the classroom
- Creating curiosity in female students about technology
- Evaluating female students in between
- Improving this Scheme by getting feedback from the students
- Measures to fix learning
- Opportunities for learning and counseling are provided for deserving students
- Motivation sessions are conducted with students / parents
- Student helpline services, student education and support technology are monitored to clarify study doubts
- Student progress is constantly monitored and tracked with feedback
WHAT IS THE PROCEDURE OF ONLINE REGISTRATION FOR UDAAN-CBSE SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM ?
Step to follow for Candidates
- Step1 : Fill Application Form
- Step2 : Upload Photograph
- Step3 : Print Application
- Step4 : Download Declaration
Candidates are required to submit printed online application form along with documents for verification at the one of the center chosen by the candidate. For any clarification e-mail to udaan[dot]cbse[at]gmail[dot]com or you can call at 011-23214737
CBSE Udaan – Contact Details
In case of any confusion or query regarding Udaan by CBSE, the applicants can connect with the authorities through the contact details mentioned below.
Office address: Central Board of Secondary Education
Shiksha Sadan, 17 Rouse Avenue, New Delhi 110 002.
Phone No. : 011 23214737
Leave a Reply