Digilocker: 5 Things You Should Know About DigiLocker
Digilocker: Documents stored in Digilocker are safe, use them whenever you want; Railway-Transport Ministry has approved
Digital Locker is one of the key initiatives under the Digital India Programme. A beta version of the same has been already released by the Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DeitY), Govt. of India. Digital Locker is aimed at minimizing the usage of physical documents and enabling sharing of e-documents across agencies.
It is difficult to carry your paper documents everywhere. In order to keep important papers and documents, the government has started the facility of digital locker in the country. With this, whenever the documents are needed, they can be easily made available.
What is a digital locker, what is the need for it?
Digital Locker works like a website, in which important documents will be able to create an account and keep it. Whenever these documents are required, they can be viewed online by visiting the website. Its objective is to provide an online facility by providing digital empowerment to the applicant so that the use of fake documents can be eliminated by ensuring authenticity. With this, the documents will be secure online forever.
What are the Objectives of Digilocker?
The Digital Locker system has the following objectives
- Enable digital empowerment of residents by providing them with Digital Locker on the cloud
- Enable e-Signing of documents and make them available electronically and online Minimize the use of physical documents
- Ensure the authenticity of the e-documents and thereby eliminate the usage of fake documents
- Secure access to Govt. issued documents through a web portal and mobile application for residents
- Reduce the administrative overhead of Govt. departments and agencies and make it easy for the residents to receive services
- Anytime, anywhere access to the documents by the resident
- Open and interoperable standards-based architecture to support a well-structured standard document format to support easy sharing of documents across departments and agencies
- Ensure privacy and authorized access to residents’ data.
How to create an account on Digilocker?
First of all, go to digilocker.gov.in or digitallocker.gov.in.
- Then click on Sign Up on the right.
- A new page will open, enter the mobile number there.
- DigiLocker will then send an OTP to your mobile number.
- Enter the OTP.
- Set your username and password.
- Now you can use DigiLocker.
How to upload documents in Digilocker?
How to upload documents in digilocker: Log on to DigiLocker, go to Uploaded Documents and click on Upload.
- Write details about the document.
- Click on the Upload button. On DigiLocker, you can store your 10th, 12th, graduation, etc mark sheets along with driving license, etc documents.
- Only documents of a maximum of 50MB will be uploaded. You can also upload documents by creating folders.
- The documents of DigiLocker have been validated by the Ministry of Railways.
Ministry of Railways approves digital Aadhaar and Driving Licence from Digital Locker as proof of identity of passengers for undertaking journey by Train
How to link the Aadhaar number in Digilocker?
After the account is created, the DigiLocker dashboard i.e. homepage will open. To link the Aadhaar number, select the option of ISSUED DOCUMENTS in the dashboard. Then the option of Link Your Aadhaar will be available. Fill in the Aadhar number by following the instructions. Aadhar will be linked after OTP verification. You can check its confirmation in your profile.
Anyone can use DigiLocker documents?
No, only those who have an account will be able to use the documents stored in DigiLocker.
- Dedicated 10MB free personal storage space, linked to each resident’s Aadhaar, to securely store e-documents and to store URI link of e-documents for accessing them directly from the repositories.
- Sharing of secured e-documents with requesters.
- Currently accessible via a web portal, will be made accessible through a mobile application also.
- Integrated e-Sign service to digitally sign documents (refer e-Sign Brochure).
Digital Locker Portal
- Please visit digitallocker.gov.in to sign-up for Digital Locker using your Aadhaar number.
- Residents can view the list of registered issuers and requesters on the Digital Locker System.
You can now access your documents and certificates from your DigiLocker on your mobile devices.
Join our Premium Telegram Channel for More Study Material
For breaking news and live news updates, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Join our Premium Telegram Channel. Read more on Latest Exams & Results News on Shikshapress.com.