MyGov Quiz: Onion Grand Challenge By Ministry of Consumer Affairs Participate Now
MyGov Online Competitions for Students: The Department of Consumer Affairs, Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution has the objective of providing quality Agri-produce and products there off to the consumers at large at affordable price. One of the critical commodities is Onion whose price fluctuates significantly due to several reasons. Due to improper storage systems, annual losses amount to about Rs.11000 Cr. It is prudent to invest a decent amount in the development of technological solutions to the problems plaguing the Onion sector and dividends will be attractive. Although the traditional method of making onion husks saves money, the loss of storage is huge and these huts are not economically viable.
In that context, The Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution, Department of Consumer Affairs announced a Grand Challenge for the development of ‘Technologies for Primary Processing, Storage and Valorization of Onions’.
The Onion storage grand challenge invites a proposal for developing ‘Technologies for Primary Processing, Storage and Valorization of Onions.
The proposed comprehensive solution for the mega issue should focus on the following:
Vertical 1: Improvements in the designs of storage structures
Vertical 2: Pre-harvesting stage
Vertical 3: Primary Processing
Vertical 4: Valorization: Value addition and utilization of unconsumed and excess onions
Eligibility Criteria for Onion Grand Challenge
1) The following participants(college students, research scholars, faculties, and industry individuals) can apply. The Team Leader of the participating team must be an Indian citizen.
2) Participants will be categorized under two tracks which are as follows;
Track 1- Students (UG/PG/Diploma), Research Scholars, Faculty
Track 2- Industry individuals, Tech start-ups, MSMEs, LLPs, Professionals
3) The above-mentioned participating teams are not mandatorily required to be registered with Indian Companies/startups / MSMEs LLPs to apply for the challenge. However, the teams shortlisted at second stage (PoC to product stage) will be required to apply for registration as Indian Startups/ Company/ MSMEs/ LLPs and submit the proof of having applied at the final stage (field implementation). It will be expected that by the time of selection at the final stage, necessary registration will be completed. Exceptions will be considered at any stage of challenge.
4) The Indian Tech start-ups, MSMEs, Companies, LLPs registered in India under the company Act can apply. The entity must have 51% or more shareholding with Indian citizens or persons of Indian origin.
Total duration of the challenge would be 12 months (ideation, prototype and product stage) with maximum extension of 3 months depending upon the requirement of the project.
To know more, Click Here.
The last date for registration and submission of ideas for all the four verticals is 15th October 2022
Participate in These Free Online Quizzes too:
Multiple Choice Questions Quiz General Knowledge
- 30 Simple GK Questions and Answers Quiz for Students.
- Quiz on Basic of Computer and Information Technology (MCQ)
- General Knowledge Quiz for Kids (MCQ)
- General Knowledge Quiz For Kids (MCQ)
- Online Quiz Test: States and State Capitals of India for Students
- GK Quiz: Jobs and Occupations Quiz for Students
- Online Moral Values Quiz for Students (MCQ Based)
- Online True and False Quiz in Moral Value for Students
- More Quizzes
By staying connected on this page, you can study sports-related general knowledge (gk on the sport) and important latest sports questions and answers (latest sports questions in English) in the Quiz format. An MCQ quiz on published sports will be useful for competitive exams. For breaking news and live news updates, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Join our Premium Telegram Channel.
#GKQuiz #GenralKnowledge #Quizforkids