Nari Shakti Puruskar 2021-22 By Ministry of Women and Child Development
Welcome to Shikshapress.Every year, the Ministry of Women & Child Development celebrates International Women Day on 8th March. The significance of International Women’s Day lies in our re-affirmation of improving the condition of women, especially those at the margins of our society and empowering them to take their rightful place in society. 20 Nari Shakti Puruskars shall be conferred every year.
Nari Shakti Puraskar Registration 2022 | Apply Online Women National Award | Login at awards.gov.in
International Women’s Day is celebrated every year on 8 March. The Ministry of Women & Child Development celebrates this day to acknowledge the achievements of women for the nation and recognize their contributions to society. Therefore, it has been decided by the Ministry to confer ‘Nari Shakti Puraskars’ every year to individuals and institutions in recognition of their service towards the cause of women empowerment, especially vulnerable and marginalized women.
Objectives of Nari Shakti Puruskar 2021 | National Award for Women
In the past few years, there have been concerted efforts by the Government to recognize and encourage women to participate in all spheres and issues related to women have gained utmost importance and focused attention. “Nari Shakti Puraskars” shall showcase the Government’s commitment towards women with the aim of strengthening their position in society.
Nari Shakti Puraskar will also provide an opportunity for Young Indians to understand the contribution of women in the building society and the nation.
The Nari Shakti awards will inspire the individuals & institutions to follow the league of awardees.
- Nomination Start Date – 01/01/2022
- Nomination End Date – 31/01/2022
Eligibility Criteria for Nari Shakti Awards Nomination
The awards are open to all individuals and institutions.
- In the case of an individual category, the awardee must be at least 25 years of age on 1st July of the award year (e.g. for the year 2021 awards to be distributed on 08.03.2022, the age should be as on 01.07.2021 and so on).
- If the applicant is an institution, it should have worked in the relevant field for at least 5 years.
- The applicant should not be a recipient of the same award earlier (including Stree Shakti Puraskars as were awarded by the Ministry earlier).
- The Nari Shakti Puruskar may be awarded for outstanding work, preferably in exceptional circumstances, to – individuals/groups/institutions / NGOs, etc. in the areas of economic and social empowerment of women or pertaining to this theme or incidental thereto.
The Nari Shakti Puruskar may be awarded to individuals/ groups/ NGOs/ institutions etc. who encouraged women to participate in decision making roles; encouraged women’s skill development in traditional and non-traditional sectors; facilitated basic amenities for rural women; promoted women in non-traditional sectors like science and technology, sports, art, culture, concretely and significantly towards safety and security, health and wellness, education, skill development, life skills, respect and dignity of women, etc.
Procedure for Sending Nominations:
Nominations will be received only through designated websites i.e. www.awards.gov.in. The link to this website will also be available on the official website of the Ministry of Women and Child Development (www.wcd.nic.in). Applications received other than online mode will not be entertained.
In case of Individual category, the awardee must be above 30 years of age on 1st January of the year for which the award is to be given. The applicant should have worked in the relevant field for at least last 5 years. She should not have been a recipient earlier of the award (including Stree Shakti Puruskars). You can read about the eligibility criteria for each of the category of Awards by downloading the PDF document .
Applications received by the due date will be sent to the State/ UT and District Collector/ District Magistrate, other government/ appropriate agencies/ organizations for verification of the claims and achievements mentioned in the applications.
The Government of India recognizes people who have shown excellence in their field and dedication to service to society
Presentation of the Nari Shakti Award
The Award shall be presented at New Delhi at a special ceremony/ function held on the occasion of the International Women’s Day on 8 to 11 March every year.
The Ministry will reimburse travel expenses by economy class by the shortest route, for the awardees to and from Delhi, by Air India or any other airline as specifically permitted and local traveling allowance on the production of bills and air tickets. Apart from this, boarding and lodging arrangements for the awardees for three days ( one day prior and one day after the date of the Award ceremony) shall be arranged by the Ministry.
Awards – Certificate and Cash Prize INR 2,00,000/-
Nari Shakti Puraskar Guidelines
Who can nominate?
Nominations for the award shall be invited from:
1. State Governments, Union Territory Administrations, concerned Central Ministries/ Departments.
2. Non-Governmental Organizations, Universities/ Institutions, Private and Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs).
3. The Selection Committee may also, suomoto, recommend an individual/ institution for the award with sufficient justification.
4. Self-nominations & recommendations for the awards, both, shall be considered.
For breaking news and live news updates, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Join our Premium Telegram Channel. Read more on Latest Exams & Results News on Shikshapress.com.
Leave a Reply