NCERT CIET Online Teacher Training on Series on ‘Development of eContent’.
NCERT TEACHER TRAINING: The relationship between scientific theories and their real-world applications is profound. Traditional science education often lacks the dynamic tools that make complex concepts understandable and engaging for students.
In today’s digital age, eContent and Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) offer transformative solutions for these challenges, complemented by initiatives like the NCERT CIET Teacher Training.
E-Content: Making Science Engaging and Accessible
E-content provides a multidimensional approach to science learning. Unlike conventional textbooks, it integrates multimedia elements like simulations, videos, and animations, which are essential for a comprehensive grasp of science. Key advantages of eContent include:
- Interactivity: Engages students actively, making science relatable.
- Accessibility: Students from various backgrounds can access quality education, resonating with the ideals of the NEP (National Education Policy).
- Enhanced Learning: Encourages critical thinking, self-exploration, and problem-solving.
- Continuous Evolution: The dynamic nature of eContent allows for regular updates and refinements, ensuring that students always access the latest and most effective learning tools.
FOSS: Customizable and Dynamic Tools for Science Education
When it comes to creating digital resources, FOSS emerges as a powerful ally. Being open-source, customizable, and multilingual, FOSS tools are adaptable to the unique demands of science education. These tools can seamlessly integrate multimedia elements, ensuring that learning is not just informative but also engaging. Benefits of FOSS include:
- Adaptability: FOSS tools are tailored to meet distinct educational demands.
- Interactivity: Allows incorporation of multimedia elements vital for conveying scientific ideas.
- Collaboration: Fosters a collaborative approach to science education, in line with open education principles.
The policy’s Clause 24.4 (d) emphasizes the potential of digital educational tools, recognizing the challenges faced in traditional science teaching. These digital tools, enhanced by NCERT CIET Teacher Training, can cater to varied learning styles, address science anxieties, and provide engaging, tailored lessons.
Revolutionary Digital Resources for Science
Certain state-of-the-art software solutions are paving the way for a reimagined science education landscape. Platforms like PhET Interactive Simulations, Open Babel, GCompris, ChemCollective, Stellarium, and Avogadro offer extensive benefits, from visualizations to problem-solving and digital assessments. By integrating disciplines like Physics, Chemistry, and Biology, they foster a holistic understanding of science, promoting exploration and critical thinking.
In conclusion, as the digital age progresses, tools like eContent, FOSS, and the advancements from NCERT CIET Teacher Training are becoming invaluable in enriching the realm of science education, making it more interactive, accessible, and engaging for students everywhere.
CIET-NCERT is organizing an online training series on ‘Development of eContent’, every fourth week of the month from 4:00 pm to 5:00 pm from Monday to Friday to orient the stakeholders on developing eContent.
Follow the ShikshaPress News channel on WhatsApp here.
As a part of a series for the month of August, CIET-NCERT is organizing five hours online training on “Developing eContent for Teaching and Learning of Science” starting from 25 September 2023 till 29 September 2023 from 4.00 pm – 5.00 pm. The sessions will shed light on What? Why? How? to develop eContent for teaching and learning of science.
What are the Objectives of NCERT CIET Teacher Training on Developing eContent
After completion of the training series, the learner will be able to:
- understand the significance of eContent for teaching and learning in Science education;
- describe and explore the concepts of free and open source software;
- describe and explore the concepts of eContent for teaching and learning of physics;
- describe and explore the concepts of eContent for teaching and learning of chemistry;
- describe and explore the concepts of eContent for teaching and learning of biology.
Who can participate in NCERT CIET Online Training?
Students, Teachers, Teacher Educators, Parents, Administrators, General Public, etc.
Online Training Program Schedule
|Day & Date||Title of the session||Resource Persons|
September 25, 2023
|eContent for Teaching and Learning of Science: Policy Recommendations, Concept, Need & Scope||Prof. Shashi Prabha Professor
September 26, 2023
|Process of developing eContent for Teaching and Learning of Science||Dr. Ajita Deshmukh Assistant Professor
MIT University, Pune, Maharashtra
|Day 3: Wednesday
September 27, 2023
|Developing eContent for Teaching and Learning of Biology||Dr. Yash Paul Sharma Assistant Professor
Central University of Kerala, Kasaragod, Kerala
September 28, 2023
|Developing eContent for Teaching and Learning of Physics||Dr. Biju Kadinhiyil Assistant Professor
Central university of Tamil Nadu, Thiruvarur, Tamil Nadu
September 29, 2023
|Developing eContent for Teaching and Learning of Chemistry||Dr. Deepti Gupta Assistant Professor
Inter University Centre for Teacher Education (IUCTE), BHU, Varanasi
How to Participate in CIET-NCERT Online Training on “Developing eContent for Teaching and Learning of Science”
If you’re keen to participate in the online training focused on eContent creation for science education, organized by CIET-NCERT, here’s a step-by-step guide.
Step 1: Register for the NCERT Teacher Training
Link for Registration: Click here to register or scan the QR Code.
Step 2: Attend Live NCERT Training Sessions
- Dates: September 25 – 29, 2023
- Time: 4:00-5:00 pm (Monday to Friday)
- Where to Watch: Live-streamed on NCERT Official YouTube channel
Alternate Ways to Watch Online Training
- PM eVIDYA channels #6-12
- DD Free Dish Channel
- DISH TV channel #2027-2033
- Jio TV mobile app
If you Missed the Training Session?
Watch the recorded sessions here. The playlist link will be updated on the event page on September 25, 2023.
Step 3: Participate in Post-Session Activity for Certification
- Take the post-session quiz.
- Quiz Link: Will be updated on September 29, 2023.
- Assessment Dates: Open from September 29, 2023, 6:00 pm to October 9, 2023, 6:00 pm.
Assessment Opening Date: September 29, 2023, by 6:00 pm
Assessment Closing Date: October 9, 2023, by 6:00 pm
- Eligibility for Certificate: Score 70% or above.
Participation in Post-Session Activity and Certification: Participate in the post session quiz, score 70% & above to get a certificate.
♦ Participants are allowed to attempt the quiz only once and those scoring 70% and above in the quiz will receive a certificate of participation on their registered Email ID within 30 days of taking the post session quiz (Check in SPAM Mail if not found in the Inbox).
♦ Queries related to non-issue of certificate will be entertained only after 30 days from the date of opening the post-session assessment (i.e 9 October, 2023). Response will be provided only to the mails sent to the mail ID [email protected]
Note: Certificates will be emailed within 30 days after the quiz. For issues related to non-receipt of the certificate, contact only after 30 days from the assessment opening date at [email protected].
Step 4: Submit Your Feedback
- Feedback Link: Click here to give feedback or scan the QR code.
Your feedback is invaluable in enhancing the virtual training process. Your responses will remain confidential.
For Additional Queries
- Email: [email protected]
- Contact Number: 8800440559
For the Latest Educational News (CBSE, ICSE, and State Board News) and live news updates, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Join our Premium Telegram Channel. Read more on Latest Exams & Results News on Shikshapress.com.