GUIDELINES FOR ISHAN UDAY SPECIAL SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME FOR NORTH EASTERN REGION
In this Post we will Cover all Details About Ishan Uday Special Scholarship Scheme For North Eastern Region.
Ishan Uday Scholarship 2021: The Ministry of HRD and the University Grants Commission has taken special interest with regard to promotion of higher education in the NER. For improving the GER, promoting higher education and for encouraging children belonging to economically weaker section of the NE region, the UGC has decided to launch “IshanUday” Special Scholarship Scheme for North Eastern Region from academic session 2014-15.Before launching the scheme the UGC undertook wide ranging consultations witHState Governments and Central & State Universities of the NE region, the Ministry ofHRD, the Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region , the North EasternCouncil, Shillong and other stakeholders.
OBJECTIVES ISHAN UDAY SPECIAL SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME
To provide equal opportunities for higher studies in NE Region.
2) To increase the Gross Enrolment Ratio (GER) in NE Region.
3) To focus more on professional education in NE Region.
4) Optimum utilisation of NER Budgetary Allocation.
Ten thousand (10,000) fresh scholarships every year beginning from the academic year 2014-15 for general degree courses, technical and professional courses, including medical and paramedical courses as certified by the Registrar/ Principal/ Director of University/ College/ Institute.
Secured admission in first year of any degree course, either general degree course of technical/professional/ medical/ paramedical course (Integrated courses included) in any of the following University/ College/ Institute :-
- Universities/Institutions/Colleges included under Section 2(f) and 12 (B) of UGC Act.
- Deemed to be Universities included under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 and eligible to receive grants-in-aid from UGC.
- Universities/Institutions/Colleges funded by Central / State Government.
- Institutes of National Importance.
- Institutions recognized by other Statutory councils within as well as outside
- The admission should have been made in University/ Institution/ College with AISHE code.
Note: 1) For students of integrated degree couses, scholarship will be tenable for the complete duration of the course. 2)For dual degree course, the scholarship will only be tenable for the tenure of first degree.
Important Points of Ishan Uday Special Scholarship Scheme
- For availing scholarship under this scheme, the income of the parents of the student should not exceed Rs.4.5 lakh per annum.
- Transgender candidates are eligible to apply under the scheme. The reservation shall be followed as per Government of India norms.
EXCLUSIONS The following shall not be eligible under this Ishan Uday Special Scholarship Scheme
1) Students pursuing courses/programs through Open Universities.
2) Students already availing scholarship for pursuing the Undergraduate programmeunder any other scheme(s).
3) Students gaining admission through „management quota‟.
4) Students pursuing courses, such as Diploma Courses, not leading to award of a Degree.
5) Students whose parents‟ income exceeds Rs.4.5 lakh per annumrsuing courses, such as Diploma Courses, not leading to award of degree.
SLOTS Ishan Uday Special Scholarship
- UGC will award 10,000 (ten thousand) fresh scholarships per year.
- Allocation of slots for each State shall be done based upon the population (latest census report) of the respective State. If the slots remain vacant in any particular State, the unfilled slots shall be distributed equitably among other States.
- There shall be three Percent horizontal reservation for differently- abled persons.
What is the amount of Ishan Uday Special Scholarship ?
AMOUNT OF SCHOLARSHIP
Rs.5400/- per month for general degree course and Rs.7800/- per month for technical/medical/professional/paramedical courses.
What is the Procedure for Ishan Uday Scholarship ?
PROCEDURE FOR APPLYING FOR THE SCHEME
Applications will be invited once in a year on the National e-Scholarship Portal of the Government of India. Short notification will also be uploaded on the UGC website.
At the time of applying, the course will be classified as general degree or professional by the concerned University/ Institution/College.
Incomplete applications will be summarily rejected. Only verified online applications will be considered for award of scholarship.
What is the Selection Procedure of Ishan Uday Scholarship ?
10,000 (ten thousand) fresh scholarships will be awarded every year.
Distribution of slots amongst the states of NER will be done on the basis of population census(last).
If slots in a particular state remain vacant due to non-availability of eligible candidates, the unfilled slots will be distributed equitably amongst other states.
Reservation for Persons with Disability (PwD) will be made as per Government of India norms.
The scholar would be awarded from the date of joining the course as certified by the University/ Institution/ College.
What is Duration of Ishan Uday Scholarship?
DURATION OF SCHOLARSHIP
- After selection, the awardees will be paid scholarship on DBT mode.
- The list of awardees will be pushed to Public Financial Management System (PFMS) by the NIC.
- PFMS will generate payment files on the basis of the nomenclature of course being pursued by the awardee (general degree/ technical/ medical/ professional/ paramedical). Payments will be generated on annual basis.
- Scholarship granted under the scheme will be kept renewed during the period of first degree course, subject to good conduct and maintenance of prescribed attendance.
- The scholarship will be renewed for the next year of study on receipt of a annual progress report to be granted by the administrative head of the University/ Institution/ College.(E.g. Registrar of a University/ Director of the Institution/ Principal of the College or any other officer designated by them).
- Students failing to get promoted to the next class/ level would forfeit the scholarship.
- Change in course of study will not be permitted. If the awardee changes the course of study, the scholarship will stand forfeited from the date of such a change.
- Scheme will be implemented and monitored by the UGC.
- The awardees of previous years will continue to follow the UGC pattern of assistance through the designated bank branches of Canara Bank.
PROCEDURE FOR DISBURSEMENT
Scholarship (as certified by the institutions identified under this scheme) will be paid to the selected students by the UGC through DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer) Mode and will be transferred to the Bank account of the beneficiaries. This procedure will be completed through the PFMS.
Which Documents are Required for Apply of Ishan Uday Scholarship ?
The following documents will be uploaded at the time of applying under the scheme on the NeSP. 1.Domicile certificate to be issued by the competent authority. 2.Proof of annual income to be issued by the competent authority. 3.For renewals, the annual progress report and continuation of studies will be required to be uploaded/ verified by the concerned Univeristy/ Institution/ College.
What is Ishan Uday scholarship?
Ishan Uday scholarship is Special Scholarship Scheme For North Eastern Region to promote higher education and for encouraging children belonging to economically weaker section of the North East region.
How can Student apply online for Ishan Uday scholarship 2021-22 ?
Students can visit the website through URL www.scholarships.gov.in or through the mobile app of NSP. Students may click on particular Scheme displaying in on-Boarded schemes section on the Home page to apply.
Download Ishan Uday Guidelines .pdf
1) Is the scheme open for all candidates enrolled in Indian Universities/ Colleges/ Institutes?
No. Only those candidates who have domicile of the North-Eastern states of India are covered under the schemes i.e.Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland and Tripura.
2) Is there any annual income ceiling for candidates to be included under the scheme.
Yes, only those candidates whose annual family income is not equal or more than Rs.4.5 lakh per annum are covered under ambit of the scheme.
3) Is there any need for uploading of domicile certificate alongwith the online application form.
Yes, the domicile certificate/ permanent resident certificate issued by the competent authority will have to be uploaded with the online application form.
4) Are only first year undergraduate students eligible to apply?
Yes, only those students who have passed Class XII(CBSE board) or equivalent Examination of State Boards of NER are eligible to apply?
5) Are students enrolled in Diploma courses or those who have cleared Class XII exam or equivalent in the preceding years eligible to apply?
No. Only those students who have qualified class XII exam or equivalent exam during the current academic year are eligible to apply.
6) Are students enrolled in private/deemed universities (not funded by either Central or State Government) eligible to apply?
No. The scheme is applicable for students of first year undergraduate courses and enrolled in the following institutions are eligible to apply.
7) Are students enrolled in integrated courses of eligible institutions eligible to apply?
Yes. Students enrolled in integrated courses are eligible to apply. The awardee will however draw scholarship only for the undergraduate part of the course.
8) Are students enrolled in dual degree courses eligible to apply?
Yes. However, the awardee will be eligible to draw scholarship only till the tenure of the first degree programme.
9) Are all courses covered under the ambit of the scheme?
Yes. The scholarship will be awarded in general degree courses, professional courses, technical courses, medical and paramedical courses (including MBBS, BAMS,BDS, B.Arch, BTech etc.)
10)IS there a difference is amount of scholarship payable to the awardees? How will payments be regulated? Yes. There are two amounts of scholarship payable to the awardees? Rs.5400/- p.m. for general degree courses viz. BA,BSc.,BCom,.BMS,BBA etc. and Rs.7800/- p.m. for other courses viz.technical, professional, medical, paramedical courses etc. The amount of scholarship payable will be determined according to the verification provided by the institution at the time of applying.
11)Will the scholarship transferred in case the awardee changes the institution or course during the tenure of scholarship?
No. There is no provision for transfer of scholarship.
12)Will the scholarship be renewed if the awardee fails in the first or subsequent years of study?
No. The scholarship will not be renewed if the awardee fails to qualify in the annual or term end examinations of the course.
13)Will the students who have enrolled in some course in distance mode or have obtained admission through management quota be considered eligible for award of scholarship.
No these categories of students will not be considered for award of scholarship.
14)Can the awardee claim any other scholarship (State/ Institute or other Ministry) during the tenure of award of this scholarship?
No. Such students will not be considered for award of this scholarship.
15)Can the students apply anytime during the year of admission?
No. Students can only apply online on the NPS(https://nationalscholarshipportal) during a particular time period as displayed on the website.
Leave a Reply