25 Best Inspiring Educational Quotes by Mahatma Gandhi
Mahatma Gandhi, an eminent leader, an advocate for peace, and a visionary in the realm of education held a firm conviction that education served as a key to liberation and advancement. He devoted his life to propagating the importance of education for everyone.
Gandhi’s philosophy of education rested on the pillars of non-violence, truth, and service. He contended that education should be holistic, cultivating the entire individual – body, mind, and spirit. Furthermore, he postulated that education should align with the necessities of the individual and the collective community.
Even in our contemporary world, Gandhi’s profound thoughts on education hold relevance. They provoke us to introspect on the very purpose of education and the ways in which we can make it more significant for our students. Here, we present 25 of his most inspiring educational quotes:
Inspiring Educational Quotes and Thoughts by Mahatma Gandhi (Bapu)
Let’s Read wise thoughts, Quotes and Inspirational Words of Bapu on education.
1. “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” – Bapu Gandhi
2. “The future depends on what you do today.”
3. “Education which does not mould character is absolutely worthless.” – Mahatma Gandhi
4. “By education, I mean an all-round drawing out of the best in the child and man-body, mind and spirit.”
5. “Literacy in itself is no education.” – Quoted by Mahatma Gandhi
6. “True education must correspond to the surrounding circumstances or it is not a healthy growth.”
7. “An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching.”
8. “Education should be so revolutionized as to answer the wants of the poorest villager, instead of answering those of an imperial exploiter.”
9. “What is really needed to make democracy function is not knowledge of facts, but right education.”
10. “There is no school equal to a decent home and no teacher equal to a virtuous parent.”
11. “A man is but the product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes.”
12. “Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.”
13. “Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.”
14. “The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.”
15. “In a gentle way, you can shake the world.”
16. “The real difficulty is that people have no idea of what education truly is.”
17. “Character cannot be built with mortar and stone. It cannot be built by hands other than your own.”
18. “The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.”
19. “Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.”
20. “A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history.”
21. “Where there is love there is life.” – Mahatma Gandhi’s Thoughts
22. “Faith is not something to grasp, it is a state to grow into.” – Mahatma Gandhi Inspirations
23. “You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.”
24. “The good man is the friend of all living things.”
25. “You can chain me, you can torture me, you can even destroy this body, but you will never imprison my mind.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Immerse yourself in the wisdom of Mahatma Gandhi through our compilation of his 25 most inspiring educational quotes. These pearls of wisdom touch on non-violence, truth, service, and holistic development, embodying his timeless philosophy of education.
Let his words guide your understanding of education’s purpose and its potential to transform individuals and communities.
Shiksha Press - We are Working for Betterment of Education. Check here latest education news, upcoming exams notifications, exam date, admit card, sample papers, question bank, syllabus, registration, live results, and much More