Instructions for Filling the Online Application Form for Atal Tinkering Laboratories.
What is Atal Tinkering Labs ? (ATL)
NITI Aayog, innovation and entrepreneurship have become an integral part of our national mission, and children as young as 12 years of age are being introduced to the world of technology innovation, with ATL in schools. ATL is the flagship initiative of AIM, NITI Aayog, NITI Aayog, Government of India, to nurture an innovative mindset amongst high school students across the length and breadth of India. Within a ATL students are free to think and explore, try and fail, even come up with something out of the box.
The program is designed to equip students with the 21st century skills such as design thinking, critical thinking, computational thinking, digital fabrication, collaboration and so on. It will enable India to create a dent in the Global Maker’s movement (Dougherty, 2012) and become a global platform for world class innovation. ATL is encouraging students and teachers to experiment, explore and follow a self-learning path, thereby empowering them to think differently about problems and develop innovative solutions.
ATL is also providing other sections of the community including parents, mentors and other individuals interested in innovation to give life to their ideas. Under the ATL scheme, grant-in-aid of up to 20,00,000/- (Rupees Twenty Lakhs Only) is provided to schools selected for setting up the ATL.
Objectives of ATL – The objective of this scheme is to foster curiosity, creativity and imagination in young minds and inculcate skills such as design mind-set, computational thinking, adaptive learning, physical computing, rapid calculations, measurements etc. Young children will get a chance to work with tools and equipment to understand what, how and why aspects of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math).
We are Covering Following Queries in This Post –
How Can You Apply for Atal Tinkering Lab for your School?
What are the Benefits of ATL Lab in Schools?
What is the Selection Criteria for setting up ATLs in your schools?
How to Fill the Online Form For ATL Lab grant?
How Can You Apply for Atal Tinkering Lab for Your School ?
know the Edibility Criteria to setup an Atal Tinkering Lab.
About Atal Tinkering Labs
With a vision to ‘Cultivate one Million children in India as Neoteric Innovators’, Atal Innovation Mission is establishing Atal Tinkering Laboratories (ATLs) in schools across India. The objective of this scheme is to foster curiosity, creativity, and imagination in young minds; and inculcate skills such as design mindset, computational thinking, adaptive learning, physical computing etc.
- To create workspaces where young minds can learn innovation skills, sculpt ideas through hands-on activities, work and learn in a flexible environment.
- To empower our youth with the 21 century skills of creativity, innovation, critical thinking, design thinking, social and cross-cultural collaboration, ethical leadership and so on.
- To help build innovative solutions for India’s unique problems and thereby support India’s efforts to grow as a knowledge economy.
How To Apply for Atal Tinkering Lab (ATL) for School ?
Instructions for Filling the Online Application Form for Atal Tinkering Laboratories (ATL)
1. Please go to www.niti.gov.in and download the Guidelines for Setting Up Atal Tinkering Laboratories under Atal Innovation Mission. Please read the guidelines carefully before applying.
2. Please go to the http://aimapp2.aim.gov.in/. The home page will open after clicking on the link.
3. Please sign-up using the official email address and UDISE code of the school. You can check your UDISE code at http://schoolreportcards.in/SRCNew/SchoolDirectory/Directory.aspx.
4. After successfully signing up, the password will be sent to the email address provided. Please check your spam folders as well for the email. Any request for change in password should be sent to Atal Innovation Mission.
5. You can now login using the email address and password.
6. The application form is divided into four sections.
- Contact Information
- Basic Information
- Performance of School
- ATL Related Information
7. Please note that you can save the form at any point of time. However, you need to fill the complete information in one section to proceed to the next one.
8. The questions in the first section relates to contact information of the school. All questions in this section are mandatory.
9. Please proceed to the next section after completing the first section. The questions in this section relate to basic information about the school like numbers of years since establishment of school, board of affiliation, education grade offered in school, total student enrolment, total number of teachers in school etc. All questions in this section are mandatory.
10. The question – ‘Education Grade Offered in School’, is a multiple choice question. Please tick all options available.
- If you classes only from VI to VIII, please select upper primary
- If you have classes from VI to X, please select Upper Primary and Secondary
- If you have classes from VI to XII, please select Upper Primary, Secondary and Higher Secondary
- If you only have XI and XII, please select only Higher Secondary.
11. In the question – ‘Select State’, please select the option according to the nomenclature provided below;
Hilly / Himalayan States include Jammu & Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Sikkim, Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Tripura, Mizoram, Meghalaya
Island States include Andaman & Nicobar Islands and Lakshadweep.
12. The third section includes questions related to the attendance of the students and staff for the past three years, performance of students in X and XII board exams and the involvement of school in science, technology and innovation related activities.
13. Please note that the average attendance of the staff and students should calculated against the total number of working days.
14. In the question related to performance of students in X and XII board exams, only the percentage of students obtaining scores in the range of below 60%, 60 – 60.99%, 70 – 70.99%, 80 – 80.99 % and 90 – 100% should be mentioned. Absolute number of students should not be mentioned.
15. Science, technology and innovation related activities should not include extra-curricular activities like debates, drama, painting competitions, music and dance, and sports etc. However, this will include competitions like CBSE Science Exhibition, IRIS, Imagine Cup etc.
16. The last section is on ATL related information.
17. A notable alumni is a person(s) who belongs to technology background or has 10 years of experience or is an award winner, or has won recognition in the area of STEM, or has research publications, won medal at National/ International level. Please keep this definition in mind while filling up the details of the alumni of school. Please mention the details of upto 5 alumni.
18. Mentor is a person/organisation/ entity that engages with the school on-going basis in conducting guest lectures, hands on sessions, supporting student projects, giving guidance and any other hand holding support if required, on a pro-bono basis. Please keep this definition in mind while filling up the details of the mentors associated with the school. Please mention the details of upto 5 mentors.
19. Please download the declaration form. Please take a print of the form on the School Letterhead, sign it and upload the scanned version (PDF only).
20. Please read all the questions carefully before submitting. Please note that no edits will not be allowed after the final submission of the form.
21. You can view and print the form after the final submission.
22. You can email at [email protected] for any queries.
ATAL TINKERING LABS (ATL)
Frequently Asked Questions / ATL Application Queries
Q1: Who can apply for setting up an ATL?
Ans: Any Govt./Private school which operates from class 6th to 12th and with valid U-DISE code is eligible to apply for setting up an ATL.
Q2: When to apply for ATL ?
Ans: Schools are requested to check the AIM website and social media handles for regular updates regarding application submission and closing. The website link is www.aim.gov.in
Q3: Where to submit the application for ATL establishment?
Ans. The application is to be submitted online by the schools on the ATL-Application Portal. Link for the same is available at AIM website at the time of application submission.
Q4. What is U-DISE code?
U-DISE code stands for UNIFIED DISTRICT INFORMATION SYSTEM for EDUCATION. You can get any school U-DISE code any time with one government website www.schoolreportcards.in Steps to get your schools UDISE number :
Step 1 : Open website www.schoolreportcards.in in your browser.
Step 2 : Find the tab / menu LOCATE SCHOOL near HOME menu.
Step 3 : Click on it.You will see that there is a FORM with multiple fields.Simply you have to fill up these fields.
Note : Try to fill maximum fields that you know about school.ex . Academic Year, State, District, Block,Cluster,Village.
Step 4 : Finally hit Search button given below form.You will be need to hold your patience as search will take some time.It depends on your internet speed and data you provide to websites search engine.
After some time you will get search results in the form of school list. You can find your schools UDISE number.
Q5: While trying to sign up as a new user for ATL lab setup, a pop up displayed “email id and UDISE code already exists”, How to proceed?
Ans: Schools which have registered in previous phases currently can not re-register or create new application.
Q6: Are there any pre-requisite requirements to be fulfilled by the school for setting up of the ATL?
Ans: Any school with a minimum area of 1,500 sq. ft (in all-weather area) and 1,000 sq. ft. (in hilly/ Himalayan and island states, UTs) with basic facilities such as Computer Lab with internet, library and playground and regular attendance of the staff and students are eligible to apply. Detailed eligibility criteria can be viewed under the ATL application guidelines available at AIM website.
Q7: How much time will it take for disbursal of grant/ fund?
Ans: NITI Aayog shall provide financial support in the form of grant-in-aid of Rs. 20 lakh. Out of the total grant amount, Rs. 12 lakhs shall be disbursed to the schools in the first year itself. The remaining Rs. 8 lakhs shall be disbursed to the School in equal instalments over a period of next four years.
Q8: If a school is applying under ATL since last year(s), but still the school is not selected for ATL?
Ans: School must be falling short in something important information. Please go through the guidelines. (https://aim.gov.in/pdf/ATL-Application_Guidelines-2018.pdf)
Q9: No communication has been received after applying for ATL?
Ans: Only schools which are selected will be communicated with further plan of action.
Q10: How to correct the school name, if it is displayed wrong in ATL list?
Ans: List will only contain the name as mentioned during registration, the name cannot be changed later.
Q11 . What is my ATL code?
Ans: The ATL code of your school is mentioned in the list of selected schools. You can find the selected schools list at the link below: http://aim.gov.in/hubs-of-innovation.php .
Guidelines for setting up of Tinkering Laboratories – Download