Diwali GK Quiz : Diwali General Knowledge Quiz – Know Interesting Facts About Diwali
Diwali Quiz: The festival of lights i.e. Deepawali or Diwali is celebrated in the gaiety of victory of religion over unrighteousness. On Kartik Amavasya Tithi, people worship Goddess Lakshmi, the goddess of wealth, in their homes and light a lamp. This festival of bringing light by lighting small diyas is celebrated all over India. For many other communities including Hindus, Jains, and Sikhs, the festival of Diwali comes as the beginning of the new year. Diwali is a very important festival from the point of view of business and business.
Do you know the answer to these interesting questions related to the festival of Diwali?
Diwali 2022: This festival of lights and lights is celebrated with the same enthusiasm not only in India but also abroad. There are many things that very few people will be aware of. On this special occasion, let us know some important facts related to Diwali through this quiz.
1. Diwali is the shortened version of Deepāvali. What does the word Deepāvali actually mean?
A. Row of lighted lamps B. Festival of lights C. Circle of lights D. Light of life
2. There is no public holiday for Diwali in which of the following countries?
A. Singapore B. Thāiland C. Trinidad & Tobago D. Fiji
3. Diwali commemorates the spiritual enlightenment of which two famous saints?
A. Lord Vardhaman Mahāveer and Swami Dayānanda Saraswati B. Rāmakrishna Paramahansa and Chaitanya Mahāprabhu C. Swami Vivekānanda and Ādi Shankara D. Sant Tukārām and Sri Aurobindo
4. Which two historical icons of India does the festival celebrate the return of?
A. Krishna and Rukhmani B. King Krishnadeva Rāya C. Lord Rām and Sitā D. Rāja Rāja Chola
5. What other religious groups celebrate Diwali in India, apart from Hindus?
A. Pārsis and Bahāis B. Jains and Sikhs C. Taoists and Shamans D. Buddhists and Jains
6. What do the Sikhs commonly call Diwali?
A. Baisakhi B. Bandi Chhor Divas C. Hola Mohalla
7. “Thalai Deepavali” is a unique Diwali custom of which Indian state?
A. Assam B. Kerala C. Karnataka D. Tamil Nādu
8. To whom did Lord Yama explain on the Diwali Amāvāsya (New Moon day) in the Katha Upanishad about the highest wisdom to enlightenment?
A. Nārad B. Yudishtra C. Nachiketas D. Mārkandeya
9. For how many days Diwali is celebrated according to the lunar Hindu calendar?
A. One B. Two C. Three D. Five
10. What is the first day of the Diwali season called?
A. Dhanteras B. Diwali C. Laxmi Puja D. Naraka Chaturdashi
11. In which country is Diwali celebrated and referred to as ‘Tihar’ or ‘Swanti’?
A. Thāiland B. Nepāl C. Sri Lankā D. Cambodia
12. Which town in Tamil Nadu is known to make eight out of every 10 crackers in India and has recently employed 40 or so Firecracker consultants from China?
A. Tanjāvur B. Madurai C. Sivakāsi D. Tirunelveli
13. What event from Ramayana does Diwali symbolize?
A. The birth of Lord Rām B. The return of Rām & Sita to Ayodhya after 14 years C. The killing of Rāvan by Rām D. The breaking of the bow by Lord Rām
14. Diwali also commemorates the killing of which evil king by Lord Krishna?
A. Kamsa B. Narakāsura C. Hiranyakashipu D. Pootana
15. Jains celebrate Diwali because
A. Lord Mahāveer was born B. Lord Mahāveer attained to nirvana C. Jain New Year starts D. Jain pilgrimage begins on this day
Answers 1-A, 2-B, 3-A, 4-C, 5-B, 6-B, 7-D, 8-C, 9-D, 10-A, 11-B, 12-C, 13-B, 14-B, 15-B
GK Questions About Diwali | Diwali GK Quiz
Discuss with your Family Members, especially Dada Dadi / Nana Nani / Mom Dad, and find the right answers to the given Ramayana Diwali General Knowledge Questions.
≡1. What other name is Diwali known by?
≡2. Which medicine was ordered by Vaidya to remove Lakshman’s unconsciousness?
≡3. What is the present name of Kashi during Ramayana?
≡4. Which messenger did Ravana send to Sugriva?
≡5. What was the name of Hanuman’s father?
≡6. What was the name of Lakshman’s wife?
≡7. In Which Ashram was Luv and Kush brought up?
≡8. How many sons did Shri Ram and Sita have?
≡9. Whose wife was Mandodari?
≡10. How many Shlokas are there in Valmiki Ramayana?
≡11. In which Language was the Ramayana originally composed by Maharishi Valmik?
≡12. Who Reminded Hanuman Ji of his Lost Powers?
≡13. When Ravana was taking away Sita, which bird tried to stop him?
≡14. Who burned Ravana’s Lanka?
≡15. Who stopped Hanuman while going to Lanka?
≡16. Who protects Sita in Lanka?
≡17. Who was the Son of Kaikeyi?
≡18. Who cut off Surpanakha’s nose?
≡19. Who killed Kumbh Karan?
≡20. In which yuga was Ramayana Happened?
Click Here to Participate in Diwali Quiz
Join our Premium Telegram and Whatsapp Channel for More News and Updates
For the Latest Educational News (CBSE, ICSE, and State Board News) and live news updates, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Join our Premium Telegram Channel. Read more on Latest Exams & Results News on Shikshapress.com.