MyGov Quiz on Cyclones for Students: Test Your Knowledge and Get a Certificate
Free Online Quiz on Cyclones by the India Meteorological Department, Ministry of Earth Sciences, Government of India with Participation Certificate.
Govt. Free Online Quiz for Students with Certificate
Mygov Cyclone Quiz: The India Meteorological Department, under the aegis of the Ministry of Earth Sciences, Government of India, has rolled out an insightful quiz focusing on cyclones. This initiative sheds light on the importance of awareness and preparation against cyclones, which have historically caused significant devastation in the North Indian Ocean.
Historical Context: The Birth of WMO/ESCAP PTC
The foundation of this Cyclone quiz rests on a historical decision. Faced with the enormous loss of life and property due to cyclones in the North Indian Ocean, the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) and the United Nations (UN) spearheaded the establishment of the WMO/Economic & Social Commission for Asia and Pacific (ESCAP) Panel on Tropical Cyclones (WMO/ESCAP PTC) in 1973.
This panel aimed to protect life and property from the adverse impacts of cyclones affecting countries around the Bay of Bengal & Arabian Sea.
Members of the Panel
Currently, the PTC boasts 13 members, including nations such as Thailand, Myanmar, Bangladesh, India, Sri Lanka, Maldives, Pakistan, Iran, Oman, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, and Yemen.
India’s Pivotal Role: The RSMC New Delhi
In the very year of its inception, 1973, the India Meteorological Department (IMD) was entrusted to serve as the WMO recognized Regional Specialised Meteorological Centre, New Delhi (RSMC New Delhi). The primary responsibility of the RSMC New Delhi is to issue advisories concerning cyclonic disturbances emerging over the North Indian Ocean.
This year marks the 50th anniversary of the formation of both the WMO/ESCAP PTC and RSMC New Delhi. Both these entities have been monumental in drastically reducing the death toll from cyclones in recent times.
Celebrating 50 Years: The Quiz Initiative
As a part of this golden jubilee celebration, the IMD is orchestrating a Cyclone quiz competition to heighten public awareness surrounding various facets of tropical cyclones in the region.
Quiz End Date: 21 Oct 2023
Objectives of the Cyclone Quiz Competition
The MyGov Cyclone Quiz on Cyclones primarily seeks to:
1. Foster awareness about the tropical cyclones hovering over the North Indian Ocean.
2. Nurture understanding among the regional populace about the importance of regional cooperation among the member nations of the WMO/ESCAP Panel on Tropical Cyclones.
3. Educate about the commendable initiatives by IMD aimed at curtailing the death toll in the region due to cyclones.
India Meteorological Department’s Quiz: Terms and Conditions
In an exciting initiative, the India Meteorological Department, under the Ministry of Earth Sciences, Government of India, in association with MyGov, presents a quiz contest. This initiative is part of the commemorative activities marking the 50th anniversary of the WMO/ESCAP PTC and RSMC New Delhi. Before diving in, participants are urged to review the following terms and conditions.
General Guidelines for MYGov Quiz
1. This venture is a collaboration between the India Meteorological Department, Ministry of Earth Sciences, Government of India and MyGov, marking the 50th anniversary of WMO/ESCAP PTC and RSMC New Delhi.
2. MyGov Quiz enthusiasts will tackle 10 questions within a span of 10 minutes.
3. All participants will be awarded certificates.
4. Winners will be chosen based on the accuracy of their responses combined with the swiftness of their submission.
5. Participants have the liberty to skip challenging questions and revisit them within the stipulated timeframe.
6. Rest assured, there’s no negative marking for incorrect submissions.
7. The Govt Online quiz commences immediately after hitting the ‘Start Quiz’ button.
8. Participants can engage in the quiz only once.
Liabilities & Disqualifications
9. MyGov bears no responsibility for entries that get lost, are delayed, incomplete, or fail to transmit due to technical glitches or other unforeseen complications.
10. Every participant must strictly adhere to the contest’s rules and regulations.
11. The Ministry retains full authority to disqualify or reject any participant if their involvement is perceived as harmful to the integrity of the quiz or its organizers.
12. Decisions taken by the Ministry regarding the quiz are absolute and final.
Consent & Jurisdiction
13. Engaging in the quiz automatically signifies the participant’s consent to all the stipulated Terms and Conditions.
14. All terms and conditions are governed by the laws of the Indian Judiciary.
For the Latest Educational News (CBSE, ICSE, and State Board News) and live news updates, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Join our Premium Telegram Channel. Read more on Latest Exams & Results News on Shikshapress.com.