Climate Awareness Campaign and National Photography Competition
Welcome to Shikshapress. The Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) is organizing Climate Change Awareness Campaign and National Photography Competition. The Climate Change Awareness Campaign and National Photography Competition will be open to all participants till 26th January, 2022, as part of pre-event activities leading to the ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav- Smart Cities: Smart Urbanization’ event on 4th and 5th of February, 2022 at Surat, Gujarat.
Both the campaign and competition aims to sensitize the challenges posed by climate change, enrich the participants with ideas to solutions, and promote climate action in cities.
As part of pre-event activities to the main event, the Ministry is organizing a “Climate Change Awareness Campaign” from 27 December 2021 to 26 January 2022. This will include city officials creating awareness across educational institutions including schools and colleges within their cities on Urban Climate Change and Sustainability.
Climate Awareness Campaign:
The campaign will include Municipal Commissioners and key heads of urban local bodies and Smart City CEOs creating awareness across educational institutions including schools and colleges within their cities to align young minds to the challenges and solutions associated with Urban Climate Change and Sustainability. Cities will be organizing one or more of the following activities in their cities leading up to the event:
- Climate Change Awareness Campaign: The city officials will create awareness across academic institutions on Climate Change and Sustainable actions.
- Social Media Campaign on Climate Change: The city officials will carry out a social media awareness campaign where City leaders like Mayors/Municipal Commissioners/Smart City CEOs will be talking about climate actions, that can be implemented within their city. The issues that will be taken up for discussion include inter alia plantation drive, cleaning of water bodies, recycling of e-waste, promoting the adoption of solar energy within residential and commercial buildings, or any other initiative which promotes climate adaptation or mitigation actions.
- Promote Photography Competition: A City level Photography competition will be organised based on the theme of climate change.
Details of the events are available at https://niua.org/c-cube/content/climate-change-awareness-campaign
National Photography Competition:
With the support of the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, Climate Centre for Cities at NIUA is organizing a “National Photography Competition” as part of pre-event activities leading to the ‘Smart Cities: Smart Urbanisation’ event on 4th and 5th February 2022 at Surat, Gujarat.
We invite participants to submit photographs which are either focusing on the impacts of climate change on Indian cities and actions taken by individuals, communities or city authorities to adapt/ mitigate climate change. To participate in the competition, photographs should be submitted in across two categories:
- Climate Impacts in Cities
- Climate Actions in Cities
The selection of photographs will focus on the following criteria
Content: How relevant and attractive the content is to the theme. How well does the photo tell the external audiences about Climate Change. Does the content show something unique about Climate Impacts or Action taken? How well the participant has been able to identify the subject of the photograph.
The participants are invited to submit photographs which are either focusing on the impacts of climate change on Indian cities and actions taken by individuals, communities or city authorities to adapt/ mitigate climate change. To participate in the competition, photographs should be submitted in two categories:
- Climate Impacts in Cities
- Climate Actions in Cities
The selection of photographs will focus on content, composition and technique. All interested photographers and climate enthusiasts can visit https://niua.org/c-cube/content/national-photography-competition for details of participation. The submission of photograph shall close on 26th January 2022 at 11:59 pm.
To participate in Climate Awareness Campaign and National Photography Competition
- Send your pictures along with a short caption not exceeding 50 words (in English).
- There should not be any watermarks on the picture.
- The file should be named as follows: PREFIX_YOURNAME_CITYNAME. PREFIX=CI for Climate Impacts in Cities and CA for Climate Actions in Cities. For eg: For a person named Sujit Bose submitting a picture of New Delhi on Climate Actions in Cities will write the file name as CA_SUJITBOSE_NEWDELHI
- All submissions should be submitted through the below-mentioned google form. The form includes options for picture upload and captions.
Click on the below link for submission – Click Here
- Submission ends on 26th January 2022 at 11:59 pm
- 1st Prize : ₹25,000/- and certificate + all-expense paid trip to the Surat conference for each theme
- Runners-up : ₹15,000/- and Certificate (Two photographs for each theme)
- Special Mention – photographs : ₹5,000/- and Certificate (Five photographs for each theme)
- Award winning pictures and selected nominations will be exhibited at the Climate Pavilion during the ‘Smart Cities: Smart Urbanisation’ event in Surat, Gujarat.
- The photograph should be from Indian Cities only
- The prize money will be transferred to Indian bank accounts only
- Participation is open to individuals only (amateurs and professionals).
- Each entry should be at least 8 X 12 inches at 300 DPI (dots per inches) minimum size.
- The file size of the initial submission should be less than 20 MBs. Participants should be able to share the high resolution version upon selection within a day.
- The number of entries per thematic area is limited to one per person under each category
- All communications should be done only through email
- The entries will be adjudicated by an eminent panel of photographers and industry professionals.
Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav
Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav is an initiative of the Government of India to celebrate and commemorate 75 years of progressive India and the glorious history of its people, culture and achievements. This Mahotsav is dedicated to the people of India who have not only been instrumental in bringing India thus far in its evolutionary journey but also hold within them the power and potential to enable Prime Minister Modi’s vision of activating India 2.0, fuelled by the spirit of Atmanirbhar Bharat.
Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav is an embodiment of all that is progressive about India’s socio-cultural, political, and economic identity. The official journey of “Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav” commenced on 12th March 2021 which starts a 75-week countdown to our 75th anniversary of Independence.
For breaking news and live news updates, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Join our Premium Telegram Channel . Read more on Latest Exams & Results News on Shikshapress.com.
Leave a Reply