CBSE Inter-School Games and Sports Competitions
CBSE Inter-School Games and Sports Competitions | CBSE Sports & Games Competitions | CBSE Inter-School Sports & Games Competitions (2022-23) for Class 9 to 12
CBSE Latest Circular: CBSE organizes sports events at Cluster/Zonal and National levels for its independent category of schools every year in various age groups for girls and boys separately. The Board invites proposals from its affiliated schools to host these events and also for applying to participate through an online portal. The following important points may be noted in this Official Information of Circular – CBSE Inter-School Sports & Games Competitions (2022-23). Check the Details Below:
List of Games, Age Groups, and Clusters/Regions:
The list of 24 games along with age groups at Cluster/Zonal and National levels are given in Annexures – A & B.
Online Proposal by Schools for Organizing Sports Events: Schools wishing to host any of the CBSE Sports & Games Competitions at Cluster/Zonal or National Level, may apply online on the CBSE website www.cbsegames.in before the last date as given in the tentative schedule.
- No proposal shall be accepted offline/manually.
- The link ‘Apply to Organize’ may be clicked for filling out the online form.
- The username and Password will be the same as used by the schools for LOC or registration of students for classes IX/X/XI/XII.
The schools must ensure that they have all the facilities befitting to organize the CBSE Sports Competitions events, preferably as per specifications of infrastructure, available on the website of SAI (Sports Authority of India) at the link: Click Here
Online Registration of Players for Participation in CBSE Sports Events:
Schools intending to sponsor their students/teams for participation in CBSE sports events should visit the CBSE website www.cbsegames.in and complete the following 3 steps:
- Apply to Participate
- Send Confirmation to Organizing School(s)
Step 1 – Registration:
The schools may register their students online by filling out the form available at the above-mentioned link by clicking ‘Register Student’. A UID is created for every student.
This registration is to be done only once and the same UID of the student will continue for all the coming years till she/ he is studying in CBSE school(s).
If any student already has the UID of the previous year(s), then this step of Registration is NOT required for that student, and the UID of the previous year(s) should be used to complete the second step as mentioned below.
Step 2 – Apply to Participate in CBSE Sports & Games Competitions
After registering the student, click ‘Apply to Participate, to sponsor the student in any game(s). This step is mandatory to participate in CBSE games.
If only registration is done and this step (Apply to Participate) is not completed, the student/ team will not be allowed to participate in CBSE games.
It may be noted that for new students both the steps (‘Register a Student’ and ‘Apply to Participate) are mandatory. However, for those students who were registered in previous years, only the 2nd step (Apply to Participate) is required. Their previous year’s Registration Number (UID) will be used for this year also.
Step 3 – Send Confirmation to Organizing School(s):
After completing the above-mentioned both steps (‘Register Student’ and ‘Apply to Participate’), the participating schools should send an email to the organizing school(s) for confirmation of their participation at least one week prior to the event, so that the organizing school(s) may make arrangements accordingly.
Note: The schools not completing the above steps (a to c) before the last date, will not be able to participate in CBSE games.
How to Login: The already registered schools may use the same Username and Password as used for LOC or registration of students of classes IX/X/XI/XII.
The newly affiliated schools which are not registered with CBSE Sports may login and fill out ‘New School Registration Form. The school will be approved within 24 hours of filling out the above form.
Mapping of School:
The schools are advised to check the mapping of their school in their cluster.
After login, if a line appears on top of the screen as “You are not mapped in any Cluster/ Zone”, the school should immediately report the same at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com so that the concerned school may be mapped in their cluster/ zone.
A player shall be under 11, 14, 17,& 19 years of age as o 31.12.2022. Accordingly, for session 2022-23 sports events, the age criteria will be as follows:
- Under 11 years: Born on or after 01.01.2012 o Under 14 years
- Born on or after 01.01.2009 o Under 17 years
- Born on or after 01.01.2006 o Under 19 years
- Born on or after 01.01.2004
- Similarly, age may be calculated for other age groups.
Participation at CBSE National Level Sports Events
Participation of winners and/ or Runner-ups of Cluster/ Zone level in CBSE National Sports Events will be as per following:
- Winner and First Runner-up: Winner and First Runner-up individuals/teams of the following sports events will participate in CBSE Nationals in each category and age group separately: Athletics (Individual events), Table-Tennis, Badminton, Judo, Skating, Swimming, Taekwondo, Tennis, Football-Girls, Chess (02 top teams), Rifle-Shooting (Top 02 teams & 05 top individuals), Boxing, Archery and Yoga.
- Winners only: In case of team events of Athletics, Basketball, Football-Boys, Kabaddi, Kho-Kho, Volleyball, Handball, and Hockey, only the Winner Teams will participate in CBSE Nationals.
The above rule is also applicable to all Foreign Zones/ Clusters/ Schools.
The Board provides grants to schools for organizing sports events (Rs.2,00,000/- for Cluster/ Zone level and Rs.3,00,000/- for National level).
- The sports grant will be transferred to the bank account of the host school after the successful conduct of the sports event and submission of the required proforma of expenditure (available on CBSE Sports website).
- Sports equipment such as shuttle-cock, tennis ball, football, volleyball and basketball etc. will be arranged by the host schools.
- They may purchase/ hire equipment on their own and meet expenditures out of CBSE grant. No extra payment will be given by CBSE in this regard.
- In order to bring transparency and promote fairness in games, CBSE has decided that videography will be compulsory for all sports events at the Cluster, Zonal and National levels.
- The record of videography shall be maintained by the organizing schools for a period of 3 months after the sports events are over.
- The organizing schools shall meet expenditure on videography out of CBSE grant. No extra payment will be given by CBSE in this regard.
All stakeholders are requested to read ‘Organizational Rules’ and ‘Rules of Sports and Games’ available at www.cbsegames.in under the menu ‘Sports Information”.
Correct Data Entry:
- The schools are requested to enter the correct details of participants i.e. name, date of birth, class, game, event, etc.
- No corrections will be allowed after the last date is over.
- The Principal of the concerned school must ensure the correct entry of participants’ details.
Annual Sports Fee:
All independent private schools are required to remit Rs.10,000/- as Annual Sports Fee at the time of depositing the registration fee online with LOC (List of Candidates).
The Sports Fee would be automatically added to the online fee at the time of registration of class IX/X/XI/XII students. So, the schools are not required to send Sports Fee separately to CBSE.
Tentative Schedule of CBSE Sports Activities:
Online Proposal by CBSE Schools for Organizing Sports Events at Cluster/ Zonal/ National level – 15.10.2022 to 27.10.2022
Online ‘Registration of Students’ and ‘Apply to Participate’ for various sports events at Cluster/ Zonal/ National level – 15.10.2022 to 31.10.2022
Display of Sports Calendar (List of venues for sports events) – 15.11.2022
Conduct of Sports Events (tentative) Note:
The schools applying to host CBSE sports events should plan to organize the sports events accordingly
- Cluster / Zonal Level: Between 20.11.2022 – 05.12.2022
- National Level: Between 15.12.2022 – 31.12.2022
Online Result Uploading by the Host Schools on the CBSE web portal under the link ‘Upload Results’
- Within 24 hours of the conduct of the event / preferably immediately
Important Links Regarding CBSE Sports Competitions
|List of Clusters and Zones||List of Games and Age-Groups|
|Rules of Sports & Games||Organisational Rules|
|Annexures & Proformae||CBSE Sports Flag|
|Recognition of CBSE Sports by MYAS||Join us|
For further queries, schools may contact Dr. Manjit Singh, Deputy Secretary (Sports) CBSE, Delhi at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Click Here To Read More
Join our Premium Telegram and Whatsapp Channel for More News and Updates
For the Latest Educational News (CBSE, ICSE, and State Board News) and live news updates, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Join our Premium Telegram Channel. Read more on Latest Exams & Results News on Shikshapress.com.
Leave a Reply