Agnipath Recruitment Scheme: Agniveer will be recruited in the armies for 4 years, farewell with a better package; read the announcement
Agnipath Recruitment Scheme: India’s youth is set to play a crucial role in realising the dream of building an AatmaNirbhar, Sashakt Bharat. And Agnipath scheme will take them a step closer. It is a unique opportunity to fulfil their dream of joining the Armed Forces & serving the Nation.
Transforming Defence Service with Agnipath Recruitment Scheme
The Agniveer scheme will not only empower, discipline & skill youth with military ethos in civil society but also improve battle preparedness suited to the changing dynamics.
Know more about the scheme & how a career of honour can transform our Yuva Shakti into Agniveer.
What is the Agnipath Recruitment Scheme and what are its advantages?
AGNIPATH Scheme in the Indian Armed Forces is a scheme wherein selected candidates will be enrolled as Agniveers for four years period.
On completion of the four year period, Agniveers will go to the society as a disciplined, dynamic, motivated and skilled work force for employment in other sectors to pursue their career in job of their choice.
Based on organisational requirement and policies promulgated by the Armed Forces, Agniveers after competing their engagement period, will be offered an opportunity to apply for enrolment in the permanent cadre. Of these upto 25% of Agniveers will be selected to be enrolled in the Armed Forces as a regular cadre.
- The scheme provides an avenue to Indian youth, desirous of serving the country to get recruited in the Armed Forces for a short duration.
- The scheme enhances the youth profile of the Armed Forces.
Advantages of Agnipath Recruitment Scheme
This proposal envisages providing opportunity to the youth to serve in the military
for short duration.
It will also lead to a much more youthful and technically adept war fighting force
by ensuring a fine balance between youthful and experienced personnel in the Armed
What are the broad objectives of the Agnipath Recruitment Scheme?
The broad objectives of the Scheme are:
a. To enhance the youthful profile of the Armed Forces so that they are at their fighting best at all times with increased risk-taking ability.
b. To attract young talent from the society to effectively exploit, adopt and use emerging modern technologies with enhanced technical thresholds of intake while leveraging Technical Institutions of the country.
C. To provide an opportunity to the youth who may be keen to serve the Nation in uniform albeit for a short period of time.
d. To imbibe The Armed Forces ethos, courage, camaraderie, commitment and teamwork in the youth.
e. To provide abilities and qualities such as discipline, dynamism, motivation and work skills so that the youth remains an asset.
What benefits are envisaged to be accrued from the Agnipath Recruitment Scheme?
The scheme would be a win win situation for the Armed Forces, Nation, individuals and the society at large
- National Integration is based on unity in diversity with equal opportunity to youth including women from all regions.
- Nation Building through empowered, disciplined & skilled youth with military ethos in civil society.
- Improved battle preparedness through transformative evolution with energetic, fitter, diverse, more trainable and resilient youth suited to the changing dynamics.
- Selection of the Best with rigorous and transparent selection process.
- Youthful Profile by optimal balance of youth & experience.
- Endeavour to Harness benefits of SKILL INDIA by induction from Tech Institutes.
- Opportunity for Youth to fulfil dream of joining the Armed Forces and serve the Nation.
- Imbibe military discipline, motivation, skill and physical fitness.
- Smooth integration into society with skill sets, certification and diplomas/ higher education Credits.
- Good financial package making him more stable than his civilian counterparts
- Confident & better citizens by military training, team building, ethos & camaraderie forged over the years.
- Resume so unique that an Agniveer will stand out in the crowd.
The Agnipath Recruitment Scheme envisions the younger age profile of the Armed Forces. Is the Age eligibility criterion for enrolment under the Scheme different from the earlier practice?
Candidates between 17½ to 21 years of age meeting other educational, physical and medical criteria would largely be enrolled as Agniveers. The Scheme also aims to harness the “Skill India” initiative by enrolling candidates qualified in /TI/Diploma holders in future with the necessary skills for certain technical trades.
Can the Agniveers opt for enrolment in the Permanent Cadre?
Based on organisational requirements and policies promulgated by the Armed Forces, all Agniveers after completing their engagement period, will be offered an opportunity to apply for enrolment in the permanent cadre. These applications will be considered by a centralised transparent rigorous screening system which would be based on merit and demonstrated performance during service. Up to 25% of the Aginveers would be selected for enrolment in the permanent Cadre as per the existing Terms and Conditions.
Selection of Agniveers for further enrolment into the Armed Forces will be the exclusive jurisdiction of the Government through laid down policies.
What is the financial package offered to an Agniveer in the Armed Forces?
Composite Annual Package
- Ist year package approx. Rs. 4.76 Lacs.
- Upgradation up to approx. Rs: 6.92 Lacs in 4th year.
- Risk & Hardship, Ration, Dress, Travel allowances as applicable.
- 30% of monthly emoluments to be contributed by individuals.
- Equal amount makhed & contributed by the Government.
- Corpus of Rs.10.04 Lakhs plus accrued interest, exempted from Income Tax after four years.
- Non-contributory life insurance cover of Rs. 48 Lakhs.
- Additional Ex Gratia of Rs. 44 Lakhs for death attributable to service.
- Pay for unserved portion upto four years including ‘SevaNidhi’ component.
- Compensation is based on % the disability laid down by medical authorities.
- One time ex-gratia of Rs. 44/25/15 Lakhs for 100%/75%/50% disability respectively.
Highlights of Agniveer Agnipath Recruitment Scheme
The soldier will be called Agniveer: According to the information, the Department of Military Affairs, subordinate to the Ministry of Defense, has prepared a new recruitment plan of the army which has been named as Agneepath. Under the new recruitment scheme, the soldiers joining the army will be given the name of ‘Agniveer’.
What is new in the new recruitment scheme
- The youth of 17.5 years to 21 years will get a chance.
- 10/12th students will be able to apply.
- 90 days will be the first recruitment of Agniveers.
- Recruitment in the army will be for only four years.
- After four years, there will be a review of the services of the soldiers.
- After the review, the appointment of those with better performance will go ahead, after which everyone else will be given retirement.
- A four-year job will also include six-nine months of training.
- Pension will not be available after retirement, but a lump sum amount will be given.
- Recruitment will not be done according to caste, religion and region in the regiments of the army, but as a countryman.
- Youth of any caste, religion and region can apply for any regiment.
- Under the Agniveer scheme, all the regiments of the army will be based on All India All Class.
- Since independence, it is being considered as a major defense reform in the defense sector.
- As soon as the green signal is received, recruitment rallies will start from the month of August this year and recruitment will start in the Army (Army, Navy and Air Force).
Click Here To Read Official Notification of Agniveer Agnipath Scheme By Govt of India.
Join our Premium Telegram Channel for More Study Material
For breaking news and live news updates, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Join our Premium Telegram Channel. Read more on Latest Exams & Results News on Shikshapress.com.
Leave a Reply